MBAM 2.1.8.1057 - Generally works great - One minor "bug"

I just installed MBAM 2.1.8.1057 today and it generally works great! Many, much needed, welcome improvements! CONGRATULATIONS!!! However, there is one very annoying "bug". There was information that I was trying to look at in the Malware Exclusions window. One particular item was longer than the window would show, so I put my mouse cursor on the right edge of the window and expanded the window so that I could see all of the very long file name. Then, when I repeated the process to return the window to the default size, the window would not shrink back to the original size. As a last resort, I had to re-install MBAM 2.1.8.1057 which returned the window to the default size. For now, I will NEVER try to expand the window size until you come out with a "fix". Were you aware of this "bug"???

Hello rwharold:

When I try to repeat your original observation in my 2.1.8.1057, I'm able to manipulate the Malware Exclusion window size on all sides down to its preset minimums, even from unusual widths.

At the risk of another reinstall, is your observation repeatable?

Thank you.

Hi rwharold--

Sorry you ran into this issue!

I also just tried to reproduce this with the 2.1.8.1057 and was unable to.

However, we did deal with those exact types of resizing issues during the development cycle.  I thought we had them nailed, but seems there's still a glitch somewhere so we'll dig in deeper and see if we can find out what we missed.

In the meantime, if this happens again, rather than having to perform a full reinstall you should be able to right-click on the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware tray icon and choose "Exit."  Then simply re-launch the program.  This action usually resets everything back to the correct default size.

Hi rwharold--

Sorry you ran into this issue!

I also just tried to reproduce this with the 2.1.8.1057 and was unable to.

However, we did deal with those exact types of resizing issues during the development cycle.  I thought we had them nailed, but seems there's still a glitch somewhere so we'll dig in deeper and see if we can find out what we missed.

In the meantime, if this happens again, rather than having to perform a full reinstall you should be able to right-click on the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware tray icon and choose "Exit."  Then simply re-launch the program.  This action usually resets everything back to the correct default size.

Thanks to both of you for the quick replies. I tried the "re-size" again, and this time I was unable to repeat the problem. However, I swear that I had the problem initially. I am confused.

I have no problem believing what you saw. Occasionally corrupt data makes its way into many systems/installs.

If your observation is reported by others, a closer look can be made.

Enjoy the latest upgrade.

Thanks a LOT! That MUST have been the problem initially. Now I am a "happy camper", enjoying all the new improvements!

MBAM 2.1.8.1057 is a "timed slow release" that will (should) show up as an option to upgrade shortly.

Thanks to both of you for the quick replies. I tried the "re-size" again, and this time I was unable to repeat the problem. However, I swear that I had the problem initially. I am confused.

Welcome to my world!  As much as I should slap myself for saying it, I'm glad I'm not the only victim of this kind of problem.

Still waiting for newest version here, how come theres not a location where we can download manually? malwarebytes.org page is still downloading old version. I suppose it will come eventually, but sure would like to see some of the changes, especially like that the license info will be shown now.

Guess you did not see my answer ,

In the Honorary Members Topic. :P