Android Fake Software Update cannot remove it for some reason

I have come across a fake software update for my phone. I cant remove the notification, it doesnt appear as an app, and it doesnt show up as a recent download. However when I follow information to the application manager, it doesnt let me force stop or disable notifications. Thanks in advance.

post-188377-0-31448900-1433605973_thumb.

post-188377-0-68234200-1433605991_thumb.

post-188377-0-34996800-1433606015_thumb.

post-188377-0-15637700-1433606055_thumb.

post-188377-0-37525500-1433606101_thumb.

Hi Thejobining,

Are you sure this is a fake update and not an update from your device manufacturer? Based on the some of the text in the screenshots you provided it looks like you have a Samsung device. Samsung does push out updates periodically for their hardware and Samsung based apps.

Check with Samsung to see if this is legit.

If you can provide your device make and model, we can help look this up.

Regards,

-Armando

Thanks for responding. I have already looked up this update and as far as samsung goes it doesnt exist, and not only that but they havent put anything out in a while.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 from Sprint with Lollipop 5.0.1 . On a side note, the amount of memory this "update" is using seems to be gradually increasing over time, despite not having gone through with the update. I think it started at 5.13 or so and is now at 5.29 MB.

With that said, I am still looking for assistance with this matter. Thank you

Can you get any information about the update like a number or some type of identifier?

The screenshot showing the size, 5.13 mb, is for Samsung's 'Software Update' app which as a version number of  4.21.2.141251. The entire update is 277 mb, which is pretty large and the fact that it is using Samsung's updater is what led me to believe it could be legitimate. 

You can check your version of your Note 4 from Sprint with this help page

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_4/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB79435#!/

Any other information you can provide regarding the update to help identify would be very helpful.

-Armando