digger79

Windows 7 ...system 32 files quarantined as backdoor threats

Hi,

I fired up my one of my laptops a few days after installing windows updates. Noticed malwarebytes went into blocking mode and then I was prompted by Action Centre that windows updates not turned on. Started troubleshooter and couldn't reset automatic updates as pc had trouble starting werconcpl.dll. 

Tried system restore which didn't work as it had been stopped by anti virus/malware software. As I am running Microsoft Security Essentials I checked malwarebytes and discovered lots of files have been quarantined as per attached screenshot Doc1.docx

Would it be best for me to remove malwarebytes, then run system restore and then re-install malwarebytes?

Cheers

Hello, we will require mbam's logs. If you are unsure where to get them, please refer to the screenshot that you've attached. They are located under the tab called 'Application Logs'

It's unfortunate but these are logs of zero detections. Do you have anymore logs?

It's okay if you do not have anymore logs. You can have mbam restore all the files which were quarantined. If they cannot be restored immediately, then a reboot of the machine will be required. Kindly disable real time protection as you do so. The next time something gets detected, a log will be produced.

Once the files are restored, I will appreciate it if you can zip & then attach 3-4 of those files. This is for us to investigate what's going on.

Hi,

Couldn't figure out how to disable other than by deactivating so temporarily left with free version. 

Rebooted but was denied access when trying to restore quarantined files. I decided to delete them instead and then rebooted and reactivated licence. PC now behaving itself which makes me think that those files couldn't have been quarantined in the first place otherwise PC wouldn't work without those start up files I think?

Have a feeling that there is a conflict every time windows installs updates. Do you still wish me to locate those files and send them on?

Thanks for your help. 

Do you still wish me to locate those files and send them on?

Yes please. We wish to better understand what went on.

None of these files are showing any detections currently.

If possible can u find the logs that show the detection?