Malwarebytes PRO longstanding issue

Hi, I'm back... Apparently I needed a new account.

I bought Malwarebytes PRO more years ago than I remember. Maybe 2007?

I had an issue on my laptop last year and though someone here helped me all they could, we were unable to resolve it. One of the issues was that my Malwarebytes PRO would keep getting corrupted, or w/e, and keep reverting to the RED banner: Your system is not fully protected, with the Fix Now>> button doing nothing.

Eventually, I just went out and bought a new computer. One of the first things I did was install Malwarebytes PRO. That same day it also went into this state and I threw my hands up in the air and have not clicked it's Icon on my desktop since, until today. It irks me. I love Malwarebytes, and have always relied on it and these forums to help me in times of need. Today I discovered a nuisance Ask.com toolbar issue and I dealt with it. While doing that I was reminded of this old problem and a little worry crept in that I may be vulnerable through it not being updated and perhaps whatever the issue is that is causing it to behave this way.

I'm wondering what I should do... Just uninstall it? Is there a way to fix it? I, for the life of me, cannot imagine how it could have got the problem again so quickly on my brand new, off the shelf, computer.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and :welcome: :

Sorry you're having problems with real-time protection on your new computer.
It's not a common issue on an uninfected, undamaged system, unless there is some sort of software conflict or other problem, including PUPs.

I understand that you recently installed MBAM on the new system.
However, it would help troubleshooting to begin from a known, "clean" starting point.

So, let's start here:

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

EDIT: P.S. Because of a forum incident back in November 2014, all forum members were required to change their passwords. If you had trouble today accessing your forum account after a long absence, that might be the explanation. :(

Hi:

I have a Cleverbridge reference number from the last time I had an issue, will that be enough to make this happen?

Yes and no. :)

In order to activate the paid, Premium features, you need the actual license ID and Key to insert into the fields in the activation window, as shown here.

If you no longer have the ID and Key, or the email sent from cleverbridge at the time of purchase or a hard copy thereof, then the reference number and your email address will facilitate obtaining the license info from cleverbridge.

Their contact info is here and here.

As a temporary workaround, you can enable the 14-day Trial version of MBAM 2.1.6 Premium during the installation.  The Trial is actually enabled by default in the setup wizard.  That would give you time to sort out the licensing issue.

Hope this helps,

Excellent!

Let us know how things go with the clean reinstall -- please be sure to reboot when prompted after running the removal tool, and (for good measure) after reinstalling 2.1.6.

Following those "best practices" resolves many/most minor issues on uninfected, undamaged systems.

If it doesn't fix things for you, then the Diagnostic Logs will likely point to a possible explanation.

Cheers,

Hi:

Great - I'm glad you got things sorted out. :)
Certain PUPs can mess with MBAM settings (and they can be pesky to fully remove).

So, if the problem recurs, please post back with the diagnostic logs mentioned earlier.
In that case, it would also help to see the MBAM SCAN LOG showing the detections (instructions follow).

Alternatively, you could just head over to the malware removal section for some free, expert help checking and cleaning the system.
To do that, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks,
-----------------

How to get scan logs:
(Export log to save as a txt file for posting in the forum when requested)

• Open MBAM.
  • Click on the HISTORY tab > APPLICATION LOGS.
  • Double-click on the SCAN LOG which shows the date and time of the scan just performed (or the one you are asked to post).
  • Click EXPORT.
  • Click TEXT FILE (*.txt)
  • In the "Save File" dialog box which appears, click on DESKTOP.
  • In the FILE NAME box, type a name for your scan log.
  • A message box named "File Saved" should appear, stating that "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click OK.
  • Please attach the saved log to your next reply.