I couldn't update or access the support page so I used the 2.x removal tool and installed again. I can update now but can't access https://support.malwarebytes.orgwith IE, It's the only site I'm having this problem with. malwarebytes.org can be accessed though which is kinda strange. I can access support with mozilla firefox though. I'm using Windows XP MCE (SP3) 32 bit.

• Root Admin

Well if you're unable to access updates then I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

They can review in more detail what is going on and if in fact it is due  to an infection they can help you remove it. We could spend a lot of time spinning our wheels over a networking issues that if it were infected would not show. Best to make sure it's clean and then if you're still having issues we can look at a networking cause.

Thanks

Well if you're unable to access updates then I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

They can review in more detail what is going on and if in fact it is due  to an infection they can help you remove it. We could spend a lot of time spinning our wheels over a networking issues that if it were infected would not show. Best to make sure it's clean and then if you're still having issues we can look at a networking cause.

Thanks

You didn't read my post, I said that I 'can update' but accessing the support.malwarebytes.org site with internet explorer is impossible.

Works for me with IE 11.  You never specified which version of IE you're not able to reach it with.

IE 8 Win XP) Have no problem viewing adobe, oracle or MS though. Don't get an Incompatable IE version with support.malwarebytes.org, just a blank page.post-168327-0-99943400-1432245804_thumb.

We are not able to reproduce this. If you want further assistance then I'm sorry you will need to go to the other forum as requested and have someone help you look for malware or similar issue.

I started option 2 and it asks for a Reference number. What reference number?.

• Staff

If you haven't purchased the product, you don't have one.  If you did purchase the product, you received it in an email when you purchased.  Try Option 1.

If you haven't purchased the product, you don't have one.  If you did purchase the product, you received it in an email when you purchased.  Try Option 1.

No email, I saved my ID and key from registry before uninstall/reinstall though.

• Staff

OK.  You can open a new ticket with them, or you can do it through the forums.  The forums run 24 hours/day every day.  That's not true for Support.  You'll get quality help either way.  The way you choose is up to you. 

Hello Yamcha:

Reference: Your post #1 only.

Since the system's Mozilla's Firefox is able to connect with the obsoleted server at https://support.malwarebytes.org, that rules out an unnecessary entry in the XP's HOSTS file.

If you know how, and feel comfortable doing it, please open regedit and see if there is a DWORD=4 entry for:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\support.malwarebytes.org

Otherwise please ignore the above.

Thank you. :)