system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk (Android / trojan.Sivu)

Hello,
I have purchased 5 month ago a chinese Lenovo S850t. So far everything was fine, but after an update i received some problems: programs installed without my permision, slow down.
Now Malwarebytes find this trojan here: system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk (Android / trojan.Sivu).
I try to remove it but was not possible because is part of the system.

Phone specs:
LENOVO S850t DUAL SIM, 3GB RAM 16GB ROM, MTK6592 octa core CPU
ANDROID 4.4.2
ROOT - was rooted when i puchase it, now the root is gone.

The phone also has factory installed Superuser and neither I can remove and does not work well because it says something about binaries.

SECURITY SOFTWARE INSTALLED: Bitdefender Antivirus, CM Antivirus (only Malwarebytes see this trojan).

Please tell me if you need more info, or what can i do to remove this trojan.
Thank You in advance.

post-187645-0-82613800-1431765491_thumb.

post-187645-0-83796500-1431765492_thumb.

post-187645-0-77051300-1431765493_thumb.

Hi Mihaizzz,

You have a similar problem as other recent forum visitors. This has become a big problem with cheaper priced Devices coming from China, they come preinstalled with malicious apps and the apps cannot be removed using Android's uninstaller.

These apps on your device should not be trusted, there are a few things you can do.

- Disable the app – Can be done via Android Settings -> Apps -> bad app -> Force stop/disable

This will prevent the app and any associated services from running.

- Root your device and uninstall the malicious apps. Usually reserved for advanced users, please do at your own risk.

- Install different, trusted, ROM to replace infected one. Usually reserved for advanced users, please do at your won risk.

- Return device where purchased.

I wish there were more options but where Android's openness and built in security collide; openness, anyone can flash a device with a custom ROM, security, you can't uninatll system apps.

Regards,

-Armando

Archived