Highly suspicious text message

I just got a text message, it acts like it's from a contact, but it's not, on top of that there isn't a single number attached nor can I respond,

On top of that I can't open text message options well on the message.

Attached a picture to show what I mean

post-81660-0-38687900-1431639480_thumb.p

I am assuming then it was an app that sent the message then. no idea what app, I have not installed any new apps in ages. 

tfhanks though, i had no plan of touching the link.

I am running lollipop and notice in the picture, there isn't a sender. Isn't even an option to reply like an a full text message,

Hence my concern.

If it was just a normal text message I would have ignored it.

Hi Fivealive,

Yeah, definitely spam, your number turned up on some list or was passed on by someone who had your number and was compromised. Best to delete those once you get.

If you get anymore please share, so we can track these and try and shut them down.

Regards,

-Armando

What I don't get is, if it was a normal text message, how come I wasn't able to respond to it(the field where you type is completely missing, which is what makes think it wasn't an actual text but something else going on) , nor could I open the text message options well in the message.

Notice in new screen shot, the reply field, that's missing in the original picture.

post-81660-0-40720600-1432049106_thumb.p

That is interesting, I suspect the message could have come from a web client or a short code message. If you receive another let us know before you delete to see if we can gather additional information from the message details.

I would also suggest you monitor your phone bill for any extra SMS related charges.

-Armando

I actually factory reset the phone, because of those red flags, and of note the text didn't have any phone numbers attached to it at all, just the name new phone, nor was there any contact info, which is what made me think it might have been an app or something. Even though all scans came up clean.

Archived