2.1.6.1022 upgrade, startup & RTP issues-Malware_Removal

Hi,  I am landing here as my system may be infected.  My thread/topic is here.  All 3 logs are attached here as well.  I have stopped uTorrent and also want to uninstall all IOBit defrag SW now that I see the posts on IP infringement.  I am just not sure if I should try to do this via Control Panel or whether there may be lingering bits of IOBit remaining after a standard CP removal? 

Thanks!

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

FRST.gif Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. icon_exclaim.gif
icon_exclaim.gif Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

fixlist.txt

Hi, I ran the file and system rebooted - but still have the same condition where MBAM started up but RTP is disabled? The Fixlog.txt file is attached for review but the original file I downloaded is no longer in the directory with other files?  Not sure if it was autodeleted or not?  Thanks!

Fixlog.txt

OK - reinstalled MBAM, dropped Asast! as it was melting down and coming up with huge #s of files that it prevented from loading in hardened mode.  I also dropped IOBit defrag based on the other info I read about them ripping off MB IP (I had no idea).  All good so far....but was there anything else in the logs that I need to be concerned about?  Free AV SW that works well with MBAM....is Bitdefender a good option?  Thanks!!

Logs doesn't show active infection  everything is OK. Bidifender is ok anrivirus.

IObit is uninstalled complete, it's crap program.

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.

• Run the tool by right click on the 51a5ce45263de-delfix.png icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Argus - I have run this and it has removed everything including old Hijackthis that I had from a separate issue a long time ago.  Log is attached.  The MBAM is running and no issues with RTP getting shut down so far so I think I am good.  Thanks again for your help!!

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!