Hello everyone,

As the title says, i have a little problem with svchost.exe (which could also be the bitcoin miner).

Kaspersky found something in C:\Windows\temp\svchost.exe around one month ago. I tried to fix it but it came back after every restart. As it did nothing to my pc and as it was called svchost.exe i thought that it is a mistake of Kaspersky.

Yesterday (07.05.15) my cpu and gpu were on 100% while idling. As i had a bitcoin mining virus before, i rememberred the same symptoms and did some things:

Combo fix: I ran it once and it seemed to fix my problem until i restartet.

Kaspersky: Was unable to do anything but recognise the virus. I tried the secure Disc but it couldn't get rid of the virus.

Malwarebytes: It found two svchost.exe and two lsass.exe. But because it needs a restart and my pc was unable to shut down, nothing happened. I ran it again later in secure mode and the restart was possible. It seems like it solved the problem but Kaspersky still tells me there is svchost.exe in my temp folder.

RogueKiller, HitmanPro and ESETPoweliksClean... didn't work.

My system seems to be ok but as i said kaspersky still shows me that i have a virus and i can still see the file in the temp folder.

Could anyone please help me to fix this problem so that it doesn't start again in a month.

Hello Aras_M and :welcome:

Since you indicate the computer is probably infected and malware removal actions are not permitted in this sub-forum, I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also Copy and Paste (not attach) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic. Please do not tick, nor untick, any pre-configured FRST categories.

Thank you. :)