Question about Management Console Evaluation

I am about to set up an evaluation install of the Management Console along with 10 managed nodes.  I had assumed that I could get the management console and the SQL express instance all set up for the evaluation and once we decided to purchase the product I could do so and just input the product keys into the eval installation to activate it.  I was a little surprised however to hear from sales that this was not possible.  They are telling me I will have to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of the console/SQL/nodes in order to get the active product working, which seems crazy to me.  Going through the install guides it looks like you are given the choice of adding a key or leaving it blank, so it seems like it could go either way.

Can someone confirm that after I purchase the product I can't just input the key to activate the console and that I have to completely set everything back up from scratch again?

Hi BrentB9193.

You won't need to do a complete reinstallation.  The only uninstallation you would need to do is if you installed both Anti-Malware and Anti-Exploit, and only decided you wanted one or the other.  You would then need to do a remote uninstall and redeploy with the one you are licensed for.