Am I infected? addthis_widget.js

Hi, Everyone.

Lately I am having a few issues with my computer.

I use Firefox (Version 37.0.2) and have only a few extensions, and add ons and am having a very rough time accesing the internet.

Shortly after I click on the internet, I get the "Not Responding" on the top of the page, and the script error with the following message

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.  Script: http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/a…his_widget.js#username=spoofee:1"

It mostly happens on spoofee.com and Jango.com while listening to music, the music starts messing up like a scratched CD, then I get another script error.

I looked online and many sites state that s7.addthis is malware?

Is it malware?

I run scans quite often, and after this starting happening I ran a scan.

It didn't find anything to do with the addthis item.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I currently have Malwarebytes Anti-malware Home Premium;  2.1.6.1022,

Database version; v2015.04.24.05

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Let's run one scan:

51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop (preferred version is the *.exe one)
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on 51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
  • In the main box please paste in the following script:
    createsrpoint;autoclean;emptyalltemp;ipconfig /flushdns;b
  • Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.
  • Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.
  • When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.
  • If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Post its content into your next reply.

I have always used Firefox, as I was using when I noticed these issues.

I just tried IE and went to spoofee and got the following error;

"An error has occurred in the script on this page,

Line: 1

Char: 14

Error: Invalid Character

Code: 0

URL

Do you want to keep running scripts on this page.

Maybe it is this website, however on Firefox, I cannot access it, as I get the addthis script issue, firefox quits responding and the page actually goes white. I have to use the task manager to quit everything. 

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am.

Didn't you read my reply Posted on 25 April 2015 - 03:42 AM?

You asked on 25 April 2015 - 03:32 AM "Does it happen only on this website? And only in one browser?"

I replied shortly after and never heard from you til today asking if I am "Still with me?"

Not only do I still get the issue on certain websites, I get a lot of "Not Responding" issues whether on Firefox or IE. I mostly use Firefox.

When I get the "Not respoding Issue" the internet screen freezes for a moment then it returns to normal sometimes, other times I need to use the task manager to get out of the internet and start over.

YES I still have the main issue I started with. "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.  Script: http://s7.addthis.co...rname=spoofee:1"

Thank You

I just dont use my computer much anymore since its not working correctly.

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!