Help with popups

Hello sir ,

i am also facing the same problem since 15 days ,

symptom 1: when ever i used install any app i am getting popup of banner  1llcz.jpg

Symptom 2 : two days back i dont know what happened, now i am getting adds pop'ed up every time i use whatsapp or any app which uses internet like 1llcz.jpg

Symptom 3: i have been observing this from many days .. on home screen i am having resurrected shortcuts 2qbhb3o.jpg

its allways coming up when i want to click anything on the screen, its really annoying .. i scanned with malware bytes .. but its of no use.. today i detected that an application got installed with out asking me :( appname : snaptube. http://i62.tinypic.com/ajqhvo.png

ajqhvo.png

please help me how to solve this , i have a rooted phone, i deleted ( kinguser.apk ) as suggested by (android enthusiasts website user) but it didnt help me in any way..

i use MCENT app, sometimes we need to install thirdparty apps also , i dont know how this virus got in to mine ..

yesterday i installed Kaspersky, it detected 3 trojans and 1 trojan saying to uninstall (Network service provider. apk) i stopped uninstalling and started to search in internet,

please help @malwarebytes

Hi Nandakis4,

The advertising landscape is getting ugly again on Android with advertsiers using floating ads to display outside of an app, as you're seeing. Not to mention dropping shortcuts everywhere.

Unfortunately, It's difficult to identify the offending app with the info you provided. Some devices are able to list apps in the App drawer by most recent and there are apps that can give you an install/update time for apps installed, running one might help point out any unwanted recent additions.

A third party app you can try to help identify the culprit of the shortcuts is Addons Detector. It can show you apps by install date and also a permission list with apps associated with them. The Permission Explorer will help, you can find apps with the permission to 'Install_Shortcut,' from there you can see which apps belong and which don't.

I would suggest disabling 'Unknown sources' except when you knowingly what to install an app outside of the Play Store, to prevent accidental sideloading.

Let me know what you find out. 

Regards,

-Armando

• 1 month later...

Hi Foramkataria and Jussiseppo3,

Did you try identifying the app creating the shortcuts, by using AddOn Detector or a similar tool? It's hard to know what app is dropping this shortcuts because its a plugin within an app.

If you try AddOn detector you can find apps with the permission to 'Install_Shortcut,' from there you can see which apps belong and which don't.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.denper.addonsdetector

I also suggest keeping 'Unknown Sources' disabled excepted when certain of an install. mCent could be a nice source for apps but it is also a nice way to distribute shady apps. If you find an app you like, research it first and monitor its behaviors before installing any others as you can lose track of which is the one loaded with Adware.

Regards,

-Armando

It's diffcult because we can see an apps internals, these adware programs are always morphing to avoid detection. I would suggest uninstalling apps until you see them gone. AddOn Detector does give a feature that shows install dates so you can start with the most recent.

Regards,

-Armando

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joeqaz1016

Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread that helped other readers? Like, identifying the app creating the shortcuts, by using AddOn Detector or a similar tool? It's hard to know what app is dropping this shortcuts because its a plugin within an app.

If you try AddOn detector you can find apps with the permission to 'Install_Shortcut,' from there you can see which apps belong and which don't.

I also suggest keeping 'Unknown Sources' disabled excepted when certain of an install. mCent could be a nice source for apps but it is also a nice way to distribute shady apps. If you find an app you like, research it first and monitor its behaviors before installing any others as you can lose track of which is the one loaded with Adware.

Regards,

-Armando

Hi Joeqaz1016

Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread that helped other readers? Like, identifying the app creating the shortcuts, by using AddOn Detector or a similar tool? It's hard to know what app is dropping this shortcuts because its a plugin within an app.

Regards,

-Armando

Of course i will do it,and i also like it