Windows 10 MBAM, Chameleon, Anti-rootkit cannot run. 0xc0000279

I've upgraded to the Windows 10 technical preview some time ago, and my Malwarebytes worked fine right off the bat.  Only recenly I discovered that it wasn't running at start-up, nor could I get it to run on it's own.

I tried to run the anti-rootkit and even chameleon and those would not run either.

I got error codes for each of them.

I'd love some help, because I do not like browsing unprotected and like the peace of mind I paid for.

The errors I get include:

mbam-setup-2.1.4.1018.exe - Error 0xc0000279

mbam-setup-1.75.0.1300.exe - Error 0xc0000279

mbar-1.09.1.1004.exe - Error 0xc0000279

mbam-chameleon.exe - Error 0xc0000142

Any help is appreciated.

Hello and :welcome: :

For starters, please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

The forum staff and experts will review the logs and request additional information, if needed.

>>Also, you mentioned "browsing unprotected". MBAM is not an anti-virus (AV) and is not a substitute for one, as explained here.  Even with MBAM Premium, one needs a robust, real-time AV.

Thank you,

Hello and :welcome: :

For starters, please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

The forum staff and experts will review the logs and request additional information, if needed.

>>Also, you mentioned "browsing unprotected". MBAM is not an anti-virus (AV) and is not a substitute for one, as explained here.  Even with MBAM Premium, one needs a robust, real-time AV.

Thank you,

I got the same 0xc0000142 error for mbam-check, and here's the other two logs.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Hi:

Thanks for the logs.

We'd very much like to be able to assist you.
Unfortunately, your logs show evidence of active software piracy.

Piracy Policy

This topic will be closed by the forum staff, due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

If you wish to obtain further assistance, then you need to please remove from the system the pirated software and associated hosts file modifications.

Thank you,

Hi:

Thanks for the logs.

We'd very much like to be able to assist you.

Unfortunately, your logs show evidence of active software piracy.

Piracy Policy

This topic will be closed by the forum staff, due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

If you wish to obtain further assistance, then you need to please remove from the system the pirated software and associated hosts file modifications.

Thank you,

Sorry about that. Here we go, with all the bad things wiped from the system.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

• Staff

Hi Grendo. Please try to start your computer in Safe Mode, and uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Start > Settings > Update & recovery > Recovery > Advanced Startup > Restart now.

Next, click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings

Click the restart button. Press the number 4 key on your keyboard.

Uninstall MBAM.

Restart back in Normal Mode.

Next, run this Clean uninstall and reinstall process as detailed here:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/146017-mbam-clean-removal-process-2x/

Be sure to have your license information handy before running mbam-clean!

When you reinstall MBAM, do NOT re-enable self-protection, please. We're aware of an issue that affects some installations of Windows 10 and some Windows 8.1 and are working on a fix for a future program release.

Let me know if this resolves the issue for you.