Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Stopped Working, I think I fixed it but am I safe?

TitanArmadillo

Ive been using malwarebytes anti exploit free for about a year now, today when I started my computer I recieved a popup about malwarebytes protection not running and that the mbae.exe process would close. After repeated retries at launching the program I simply downloaded the installer from malwarebytes again. I ran the installer without uninstalling the previous installation and everything seemed to be proceeding fine.

I was asked if I wanted to enable a free 14 day trial and I chose yes.(I have already used up my trial on this pc.) I restarted my computer as prompted and when It started back up everything took a few minutes extra to load(I have a fast pc). I also noticed that a window flashed onscreen for about 0.1 seconds and my Avira umbrella icon was closed(protection disabled). After about a minute of lag the umbrella opened and malwarebytes anti exploit launched. Normally the umbrella never is closed and remains open from the moment the icon appears to the moment of shutting down my pc.

I then launched google chrome and went to a few websites including tumblr where I was told by a notification that my xkit(open source tumblr enhancer) was detecting comflicts with an unknown browser extention and that it was reccomended to disable or uninstall these to use xkit. I went to the known list of coflicts on both xkit and mbae and neither of the lists mentioned eachother.

I was given the option to ignore this possible conflict and continue to use xkit as normal. I clicked this and could not find any broken functionality.

So now my questions are:

1.Why did mbae suddenly break? I had done nothing different from yesterday and i dont think any chrome or windows updates were installed.

2. Is the lag, flashing window and avira protection disable normal for an mbae installation?

3. Would continuing to use xkit break any of the mbae functions?

Thanks in advance.

Im using:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Avira Free Antivirus

Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Free(Currently on second 14 day trial)

Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free(No realtime)

Hitmanpro (no realtime)

Extensions:

AdblockPlus

Avira Browser Safety

Web Of Trust

HTTPS Everywhere

Google Docs

Google Sheets

Google Slides

Reddit Enhancement Suite

Sad Panda

XKIT