Sign in to follow this  
maxib

Browser hijack

Hi, could I ask something related to this. I have this problem in Italy (three phones and a laptop connected to the router) but it doesn't seem to affect the phones in England. In Italy I have reset the router numerous times and the problem still persists - I have run Malwarebytes on all the phones - all clear, but they still keep redirecting to all dodgy sites. Is it related to how the phone operate in Italy, rather than in England? And would ABP work out here - I've never downloaded anything from outside the playstore before?

Thanks

Edit:not sure if this is of any use, but one pop up is p.ato.mx (something about updating my phone) and on another phone it brings up eurosupermillionaires. My wife's brought up some "unsuitable" website - I'm just worried it might appear on my son's browser. I've stopped him using it at the moment, but I'd like to solve this issue.

Thanks.

PS all phones (2 phones and 1 tablet) are android.

Hi Maxib,

Thanks for the update, yeah I was gonna tell you this was browser related. Good job resolving.

-Armando