One suggestion for MBAM

Nazareno

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and :welcome: , @tnrthoma:

is Vosteron malware or tracking cookie???

Vosteran is a browser hijacker.

If you would like free, expert help removing it and other malware from your system, you may wish to follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will guide you through the scanning and cleanup process.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Once a tracking cookie has made it onto your computer, there's little point in detecting it as it's already done its work, at least during your current web browsing session. If you are concerned about privacy issues which may be caused by tracking cookies then the best thing you can do is configure your browser to block them. As far as I know all modern browsers have such a setting and will also enable you to choose which sites to allow cookies from. I currently use Internet Explorer 11 and each time I visit a website which wants to install a cookie on my PC I receive a prompt asking me to allow or block the cookie as well as providing options to always allow cookies from that website or to always block cookies from that website. The only way to guard against any potential privacy risks which cookies might represent is to block them before they get onto your system; otherwise you might as well use a temp file cleaning tool or clear your browsing history in order to eliminate all of them after each browsing session as it's both faster and far more efficient than using an antimalware scanner to detect and remove them (which would also be after the fact and of little use for protecting one's privacy).

• 1 month later...

Try IObit

IObit's business model includes plagiarism.

IObit was caught plagiarizing the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware signature database.

One should NOT support a company that includes plagiarism in their business model.

Please reference the following ...

Republished with the kind permission of David H. Lipman

IObit Security 360

Installers Hall of Shame

• 4 weeks later...