Is there a cure for "SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults failed" problem?

I have the SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults problem and have found recent threads where users with the problem have been asked to perform many lengthy and rigourous operations in order to find and solve the cause for the problem.... but I have not found a thread where the process they were required to go through ended in success. Maybe it was successful, maybe it wasn't. The thread doesn't tell us. Obviously, users with the problem don't want to go through a long and difficult process that doesn't fix the problem.

Please let us know what process  has actually achieved SUCCESS in finding and fixing the cause of the SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults problem.

If no solution for the problem has been found, but MWB is working to find it, it would be nice to know that as well.

Thanks.

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes :)

Can't speak for Malwarebytes, as I don't work for them, but I know every computer is different. Lets see if this solves your issue..

Let's try this first....

Thank You,

Firefox

Hello Galilaw and welcome to the Malwarebytes forum.   Salutations Firefox.

The issue at hand does not happen universally.  But when it does, it is most often seen right around the time of version upgrade.  Sometimes it may even be at the next following automated scan run.

In any event, the easiest ( and most often cures) are:

Doing a reboot  ( Restart ).

If no joy, do a cold boot start  ( power off, count to 30, Power back on).

Other tip:

Do this please:  Empty out the Quarantine area, plus the reports History area.
Start the Anti-Malware  ( which you can do by double-clicking the icon in the Taskbar or on the Desktop).
Click HISTORY.  On The Quarantine area, if there is many items there, please click once the top check box at upper Left, and then click the Delete All button at the bottom.

Next, Click on button marked Application Logs.  please click once the top check box at upper Left, and then click the Delete All button at the bottom.  Then Close the program.

One further tip:

Some situations do also involve a un-dealt with infection of some sort, so....

Please see about doing a Scan run using Chameleon.  
See this guide  on the Knowledge base-> https://support.malwarebytes.org/customer/portal/articles/1833358?b_id=6447

If the SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults Code 2 error still happens then a Uninstall thru Control Panel's Programs and Features is the thing to do.

Then a new installation:
Get the very latest  Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware  version by following the link below.

http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam

Save the file and double-click it to begin the installation, selecting options you desire when presented.
When finished with install, be sure to do a Restart right after the install completion.

Edited by Maurice Naggar
  • Staff

I have the SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults problem and have found recent threads where users with the problem have been asked to perform many lengthy and rigourous operations in order to find and solve the cause for the problem.... but I have not found a thread where the process they were required to go through ended in success. Maybe it was successful, maybe it wasn't. The thread doesn't tell us. Obviously, users with the problem don't want to go through a long and difficult process that doesn't fix the problem.

Please let us know what process  has actually achieved SUCCESS in finding and fixing the cause of the SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults problem.

If no solution for the problem has been found, but MWB is working to find it, it would be nice to know that as well.

Thanks.

Hi there gallilaw,

We are currently researching this issue and trying to find a fix for it.  So far the popular workarounds have been posted by Maurice above me, but if you would like to help us try to track down why this is happening, I'm looking for:

If you could get us those items, that would greatly help us :)

:welcome:  Hi Gloria,

Thank you for the good news.

In most of the recent cases I have seen, the SDK Code 2 is actually from a compound situation of (a) having too many scheduled automatic Threat scan tasks in the Scheduler and also from (b) having the choice in the automatic Scan task to have it ( also) do a Checkup for Update within that same automatic job.

Therefore, My current &  revised  advice is to review very very closely all the automated tasks in  Settings -> Automated Scheduling.

a) reduce or remove duplicated or un-needed Threat scan jobs  

b) remove the doing of a automated Check for Update from the task for Threat scans.