malwarebytes crashing on heuristic analysis

The new update 2.1.4.1018 is crashing on heuristic analysis, first time I've ever had a problem with this software.

I've disabled all my anti virus programs (avast, Difender).

I've clean uninstalled and reinstalled Malwarebytes.

I'm out of options now :(

I can see a few people are having the similar problem the past few weeks.

Hi:

Thanks for the logs.

We would very much like to help you.

However, the logs show that this computer is being used to actively pirate software.

This topic will be closed by the forum moderator/administrators until all such pirated software is removed from the computer and other modifications are reversed.

Piracy Policy

Thank you for your understanding.

Just some quick question before my post is closed.

What log file do in need to look in to find out what programs I need to remove in order for me to get support from this forum.

Is the problem I have with MWB an easy fix or am I going to spen all day removing software only to find out its a bug in the lates release,

You would have to uninstall any pirated software from Adobe and also from Photodex... once uninstalled you also have to remove the hacks from your host file that prevent these software's to reach the license servers.

Adobe Dreamweaver CC (HKLM\...\{00E094E1-A852-11E2-803D-ACEA632352B4}) (Version: 13 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)

Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 (HKLM\...\{C79312BD-3E76-4474-A10C-1435D1856A4B}) (Version: 11.0 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)

Adobe Flash Player 16 ActiveX (HKLM\...\Adobe Flash Player ActiveX) (Version: 16.0.0.305 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)

Adobe Media Player (HKLM\...\com.adobe.amp.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1) (Version: 1.8 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)

Adobe Photoshop CS5 (HKLM\...\{15FEDA5F-141C-4127-8D7E-B962D1742728}) (Version: 12.0 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)

Photodex Presenter (HKLM\...\Photodex Presenter) (Version: - Photodex Corporation)

ProShow Producer (HKLM\...\ProShow Producer) (Version: - Photodex Corporation)

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 photodex.com

127.0.0.1 www.photodex.com

After you remove such pirated software, you will be allowed to continue, if any further piracy is detected, the topic will again be closed and no further help will be provided.

Ok lets try again.

I've removed the software listed above (Note: web sites with flash will not work now)

And I've attached the new addition.txt and FRST.txt

I've also uninstalled MWB and put the old version back on mbam-setup-2.0.4.1028.exe which works fine.

Are you able to tell from the attached files why the new version of MWB crashes on Heuristic Analysis?

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Are you able to tell from the attached files why the new version of MWB crashes on Heuristic Analysis?

Not really.

If you wish, please wait for a staff member to review the latest logs.

They may have additional recommendations from what they see there, especially the various errors.

If you wish to specifically troubleshoot MBAM version 2.1.4.1018, I suggest that you may wish to try the following:

1. Please carefully follow the steps in this pinned topic to cleanly upgrade to the current build: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please perform a disk check on the system: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html
  3. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please post back a new, fresh set of ALL 3 Diagnostic Logs
    1. Please be sure to place a checkmark in the "Addition.txt" option before you run it again

Thank you,

{{Edited for a bit of clarification.}}

I've followed all the above steps.

Clean removed the old version mbam-setup-2.0.4.1028 (This one works OK)

Installed the latest version of MWB 2.1.4.1018 and it still crashes on Heuristic Analysis.

I've checked the disk for errors, none found and I've scanned the system with "adwcleaner" and it cant find any malware on my system, I've also run a scan with "Avast", nothing there. 

I've attached a copy of the new log files as requested.

The only thing that's changed on my system is the new version of malwarebytes

Any other suggestions?

Should I put the old version back on, that's seems to work ok.

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

FRST.txt

Hi:

I have asked our forum staff to review your thread and your logs.
Please be patient, as it is the weekend.
(And please refrain from cross-posting in threads started by other users -- doing so only makes it harder and more confusing to help everyone.)

Most systems on which MBAM crashes during heuristic scanning turn out to be infected or damaged by malware.
Excluding that possibility might require deeper scanning of your system with additional, specialized tools.

Such work is permitted in a forum area reserved for this purpose.
If you wish, you might want to head over there directly.

To do so, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

>>As you have already run FRST, you just need to start a new, separate topic in the malware removal section, with the last set of FRST logs.

>>Then please wait for a malware helper to assist you.

Thanks,

P.S. It was only asked that you remove the paid Adobe software, if you do not have proper licensing.  Adobe Flash Player is a free product.

• 1 month later...

Hi, again, goragon:

Thanks for taking the time to report back. :)

For the record....

The problem back in March was with a *database*, not with a version of the *program*.

So, the issue was resolved by a database update over 2 months ago. :)

Since that time, there has been another *program* version update.

The current program version is 2.1.6.1022.

You ought to have received that program update via the auto-updater a while ago (perhaps a few weeks ago).

If you open the MBAM dashboard,  you might want to confirm that you are running version 2.1.6.1022.

Thanks again,