Oddly long boot times and random black screens of death whilst gaming

Ocfos

Greetings,

I've been experiencing some quite weird issues of late, where my computer suddenly just turns to a black screen, and then promptly reboots itself instantly only to require a hard shutdown before actually launching properly again.

I'm suspecting it might be something related to drivers with the black screens of death, but I have zero idea about why the boot times take ages. Looking in the event log, there's stuff such as this;

EventData
    BootTsVersion 2     BootStartTime 2015-03-26T18:15:41.624800200Z     BootEndTime 2015-03-26T18:15:41.624800200Z     SystemBootInstance 952     UserBootInstance 897     BootTime 200883     MainPathBootTime 148608     BootKernelInitTime 19     BootDriverInitTime 7311     BootDevicesInitTime 8885     BootPrefetchInitTime 0     BootPrefetchBytes 0     BootAutoChkTime 0     BootSmssInitTime 17151     BootCriticalServicesInitTime 8655     BootUserProfileProcessingTime 2743     BootMachineProfileProcessingTime 67     BootExplorerInitTime 85372     BootNumStartupApps 3     BootPostBootTime 52275     BootIsRebootAfterInstall false     BootRootCauseStepImprovementBits 4     BootRootCauseGradualImprovementBits 0     BootRootCauseStepDegradationBits 0     BootRootCauseGradualDegradationBits 2097152     BootIsDegradation false     BootIsStepDegradation false     BootIsGradualDegradation false     BootImprovementDelta 0     BootDegradationDelta 0     BootIsRootCauseIdentified true     OSLoaderDuration 19073     BootPNPInitStartTimeMS 19     BootPNPInitDuration 12778     OtherKernelInitDuration 1206     SystemPNPInitStartTimeMS 13729     SystemPNPInitDuration 3419     SessionInitStartTimeMS 17404     Session0InitDuration 6985     Session1InitDuration 389     SessionInitOtherDuration 9776     WinLogonStartTimeMS 34556     OtherLogonInitActivityDuration 25868     UserLogonWaitDuration 18124

I'm not really an expert on this, but a boot time of 200,000 sounds really bad, and it really does take a very long time to boot.

This thing also shows up as "Critical" in the event log, as does every single boot for a very long time back.

Is there any way to fix this? Because I'm really not able to replace things if it happens to be something hardware related, so I'm going to ask for your professional help with seeing if it's drivers before anything.

It should not be overheating, as my CPU clocks in around 50C, and my GPU around 65C at their peaks. I am not overclocking, nor have I ever done so in the past. Reason I haven't is because I don't want to risk burning my hardware for a few extra pixels.

I hope to hear from you soon,

-Mike

I forgot to note the very important part that I'm running Windows 7 with an Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), as well as 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance RAM sticks and an nVidia GTX 670 with two fans on it as well as 4095 MB memory. All drivers related to the GPU are up to date, so that's not the thing at fault.

Hello Ocfos:

Please let staffers/experts have a look at some diagnostics:

• Please read the following and individually attach the 3 requested logs in a reply to this thread: Diagnostic Logs.
  • The 3 files, from Step 1, to be individually attached from your desktop are: CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please do not Copy and Paste them into a reply. Please do not tick, nor untick, any FRST categories as they are pre-configured by Farbar.
Thank You. :)

After a bit of discussion with my friends, we've come to the conclusion it might be a faulty GPU I got from the store two years ago, since the issues started happening about a month after I bought it. Though it's possible, I'd still love to hear from you in the hopes that it isn't hardware issues.

Hello Ocfos:

I would like you to have a Malware Removal Helper make a very close examination of your logs for possible action.

I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also Copy and Paste (not attach) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic. Please do not tick, nor untick, any FRST categories as they are pre-configured by Farbar.

Thank you. :)