pnamajck

EaseUS (Partition Master)

wanting  to  submit  what  seems  to  be  false-positive … i've  had  the  software  installed  for  1½  years … d/l  direct  from  author's  website.

EaseUS Partition Master Setup (epm.exe)

the  free-version  i  downloaded  was  9.2.2.0  at  25.3mb

their  latest  free-version  is  10.2  at  29.2mb

am  attaching  the  current  suspect-log  as  well  as  the  *.exe  file … hope  the  large  size  doesn't  crash  this  thread … thanks  for  malwarebytes  as  well  as  this  forum.

• malwarebytes  anti-malware (free)
  • mbam:  2.0.4.1028
  • build-date:  11-21-2014
  • reference-file:  v2015.03.25.07

malwarebytes_scanlog.txt

malwarebytes_scanlog.xml

epm.zip

oh!  thanks  for  opening  my  eyes  to  this,   mieke.  even  these  old  eyes  of  mine  could  have  seen  this  protrusion.  and  perhaps  they  did  see  it … and  unchecked  the  third-party  crap  during  the  install.

for  others  out  there  wondering  about  opencandy … wiki  and  others  have  tutorials  on  how  to  install  legitimate  software … and  totally  avoiding  opencandy  rubbish.  one  installation  method  is  via  command-line  and  using  "/NOCANDY"  switch.

thanks  again,  mieke … really  appreciated  the  heads-up.  also,  kudos  to  malwarebytes  for  watching  out  for  we  users … as  well  as  staying  on  top  of  such  "thugs".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCandy

http://www.techishare.com/security/skip-open-candy-during-installation-of-softwares/