Sign in to follow this  
mountaintree16

to AdvancedSetup re: Java Update

Hello :huh:

I uninstalled everything and rebooted, and then I ran JavaRa (I had to download it three times because I only opened it vs. saved it but I found it! It was a little confusing but I made it smile.gif

And then I installed the newest version. I can't remember if I selected the Windows Offline Installation. Does this matter? Should I uninstall and then reinstall again or is it fine?

Here is the log that popped up from JavaRa:

JavaRa 1.14 Removal Log.Report follows after line.------------------------------------The JavaRa removal process was started on Tue Jun 02 00:49:07 2009

Found and removed: Software\JavaSoft\Java2D\1.5.0_08Found and removed: SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0008-ABCDEFFEDCBA}Found and removed: SOFTWARE\Classes\JavaPlugin.150_08Found and removed: SOFTWARE\Classes\JavaPlugin.142_03Found and removed: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\\C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\------------------------------------Finished reporting.

I rebooted the computer.

Attached is a screenshot of Avg Firewall asking permission from Java.. I am not sure if this is normal. I allowed it. (edit again: picture wouldn't post.)

Okay, thank you :huh:

Do you think it matters if I didn't select the Windows Offline Installation? I can't remember if I did or not.

Oh okay, thank you. :huh: I wasn't sure if that was crucial or not.

I also need to update Adobe, but I am really tired and its late so I am going to bed very soon but I wanted to ask you before I went to sleep.

Is there a certain way you think I should go about updating Adobe?

What I have right now is Adobe Acrobat 6.0.2 Update, Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX, Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin, and Adobe Reader 6.0.1.

I don't think its been used in quite some time.

The reader I would just uninstall myself if its not the FULL version of Acrobat. Then just download the 9.1.1 and install it.

Most of the Adobe products have an updater that can be accessed from the Help menu of the program that will check for updates to programs.

Thanks :) I always thought that it was the full version but I guess not. What is the difference between what I have right now and the full version?

I'll download the updated version tomorrow.

Should I get rid of the other Adobe things as well or can I leave them be?

The reader I would just uninstall myself if its not the FULL version of Acrobat. Then just download the 9.1.1 and install it.

Most of the Adobe products have an updater that can be accessed from the Help menu of the program that will check for updates to programs.

The full version (Adobe Acrobat) lets you create and edit PDF files as well as view them, while Adobe Reader just lets you view them.

Exile:

Ahha, thanks!

Edit: attached Adobe Screen Shot (in case anyone wanted to see)

AdvancedSetup:

Thank you :)

I will do that as soon as I am able to. I am definitely going to run that tool as soon as I am able to too! It seems like a great tool!

Hmm I wonder if there is just a Reader available or if I have to download the whole Acrobat. Do you know?

Yes there is, you can get it here :) . The other two you have installed are also just readers but they're so old that they go by the old naming scheme (Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of just Adobe Reader). Any full version of Acrobat is just called Adobe Acrobat.

Exile:

(Okay, I am actually going to go get ready for bed now... hehe).