Quarantine v2.1.4

Has there been any change in the quarantine process in v2.1.4 over previous versions.

Specifically, will Malwarebytes still quarantine what it finds automatically even if "Automatically quarantine detected items" is not selected in "Advanced settings"?

We did not specifically change anything with this behavior in the 2.1.4 release.

The way it's supposed to work now is, if "Automatically quarantine detected items" is not checked, then any threats detected will not be quarantined immediately. A notification will instead be presented, and you must choose how to respond. If you do not respond to the notification within forty (40) seconds, only then will the threat be quarantined automatically.

By way of a follow-up, could you please confirm the situation with regard to both the free 1.75 and free 2.1.4 versions? My understanding through use of 1.75 is that it does not have auto-quarantine, does that mean that it does not force a quarantine under any circumstances and only gives you the notifications, or does the 40 seconds timer requirement apply so that if you do not watch over the scan you will get auto-quarantine applying after 40 seconds anyway?  Whatever the answer is to that question, does the same answer also apply to the free 2.1.4 version?

Hi, all:

This topic is entirely above my pay grade and best answered the Dev Team and other staff.

But I know there is vigorous discussion ongoing in at least one other, general computer forum about this topic.

So, I just thought I would post this link back to a reply in another earlier thread here in July 2014.
exile360 explained quite clearly the rationale behind the need for the auto-quarantine timeout in RTP.

Staff will correct me if I am wrong, but I presume that explanation remains valid, in version 2.1, as it was for version 2.0.

Just thought I would mention it, if it helps.

Cheers!

(P.S. @Seffrid, as @Shrugged correctly pointed out, the behavior under discussion relates to the Realtime Protection (RTP) of the Paid, Premium version, not to scans (Free or Paid).)