Dayison

Google Chrome Secure Preferences

I see this file has already been discussed by anton84.  He mentioned adjusting the file to prevent Malwarebytes from tripping over it, but didn't say how he adjusted it.  Is it safe to just add this file to the Exclusion list?

Also, miekiemoes mentioned ask.com, I do not have an entry for that, so how do I know what, in my secure preferences file is trippping this?

Thank you!

Hi and welcome to the Malwarebytes support forums :)

Please can you attach a copy of the log showing the detection of your Secure Preferences file.

Thanks in advance.

I'd like to, but I don't see anywhere to attach the file.  I recall seeing an attachment button when I created the original post, but not seeing it now.  How do I attach it?  Apologies for my n00bness.

Thanks.

No worries :)

Next to the POST button at the bottom of the screen is a "More reply options" button.

Select that and at the bottom of the next text entry box is an option to attach file (s).

Hi :)

The log attached does not show any detection(s) at all so without knowing what detection MBAM has made it is hard to divine whether or not it is a F/p detection.

As far as adding the file to the ignore list. This will prevent us from checking that files contents.Which in a scenario where something has set a bad homepage, newtab or startup Url for Chrome browser. We would not be able to detect and apply a fix if one is required.