Got an Error 1073

• Root Admin

ERROR_SERVICE_EXISTS

1073 (0x431)

The specified service already exists.

Please use a program like AutoRuns or manually review the registry and see what might be trying to recreate it.

Or see if maybe one of the older scheduled tasks were left on the computer or something like that.

I know you've gone through the procedure before for the clean removal but seems something is/was out of order.

Thanks for the reply AdvancedSetup... I repeated the instructions from before.

Safe Mode, CP add/remove used cleaning tool

came back into windows, installed mbam, Trend Micro still has mbam files saved to trust mbam in AV & firewall

lanuched MBAM, started protection Mod.... now its running ok? or I would be able to type.

Will check regedit & software & see if there are any doubles? running quick scan as I type... ok so far.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.37

Database version: 2209

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

6/1/2009 3:05:06 PM

mbam-log-2009-06-01 (15-05-06).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 90853

Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 13 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

ERROR_SERVICE_EXISTS

1073 (0x431)

The specified service already exists.

Please use a program like AutoRuns or manually review the registry and see what might be trying to recreate it.

Or see if maybe one of the older scheduled tasks were left on the computer or something like that.

I know you've gone through the procedure before for the clean removal but seems something is/was out of order.

Nothing in the regedit except under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, I have a duplicate under MBAMExt.MBAMSHhlext

sub folder to that reads a with 32 number & letters in CLSID

under that is sub folder CurVer, under that is MBAMExt.MBAMSHhlext.1 and the subfolder for that has the

EXACT SAME 32 numbers & letters ---No doubles in registry software in Current User or Local Machine

comment on the above??

Nothing in msconfig - no doubles, mbamgui running

I rebooted as instructed by you and/or the pc. I did over 10-12 "shut off button while running" because of something were missing each time I launch the Protection Module? So my PM is off right now. Or I would freeze up in 1 min. So we go on, until a fix-idea-that missing file or driver is found..... unless you have another idea? I'll try anything.... My Dell 2200 this works ok? But my 5150 can't use the PM.

Let me know if a developer log will help? Meantime I saved an old mbam.sys file for 1.37 beta. I might drop it into C:\win|system32|drivers and see if that does not settle things? (swandog46 sent it to me) If I start The PM now.. cpu hit almost 100% TIA

EDIT: and that idea didn't work.

On my Dell 5150 Inspiron, If I start mbam's protection Module. With in a minute my notebook locks/freeze. The mouse moves, but point & click does not work. No way to reboot/restart except press the power down power down. (in which I restart with the message Active Desktop Recovery) This started with Sundays mbam downloads. the night before. I had 2-3 webpages open, I was on the forum here, sending PM's to & from. No problems! Followed Ron's instructions above. went into safe mode. Did an uninstall of mbam. Used the mbam clean tool. rebooted back into windows. Got a fresh copy of the mbam installer from cnet. Put my mbam key in. Checked my Trend Micro Internet Security, to make sure all mbam files were in the trusted area of the AV and the firewall. If I use the mbam PM, I freeze up? Also had error 1073. Looked in the reg. for any duplicates. none seen. I did all of the above three times. any other questions? to help me start my mbam PM? let me know? I'm running with it off. regards, TIA

@ swandog46

My issue has been fixed. I'm waiting for Ron to PM me on where I can send him 3 screenshots of how Trend Micro is configured in its AV & Firewall + a text file.... thanks for looking into my problem... regards YB