Run As Administrator Icon

Hi:

I presume you are referring to your desktop shortcut icon?

Yes, that is normal to see that "shield" on the shortcut icon.
It is a Windows feature related to UAC.

As to why it suddenly appeared, I have no idea.
Windows has had longstanding issues with minor corruption of the icon cache.

Perhaps it was one of those glitches?
Perhaps you recently reinstalled or upgraded your MBAM version?

Perhaps you changed your system's UAC settings?

(As an aside, MBAM should be installed and configured from a Windows account with Admin privileges.)

If you want to investigate further, it would probably help to see a bit of system info:
please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Perhaps the staff and more expert members will have additional suggestions.

Thanks,

I know UAC on is recommended but I'm thinking that if Emsisoft, MBAM, MBAE, Appguard can't protect then nothing will. I was messing around setting up a VM this weekend so maybe that had something to do with it. I'm sure it will go away, I seem to recall this happened to me once before with another program and it went away.

fyi, icon on MBAM shield is gone now.

Sorry, no idea about that, as it ought to be there, as AdvancedSetup explained.

Another question, why can't I edit my posts yet? I was under the assumption that at 100 posts you became a honorary member and editing posts was possible then?

Sorry, but because of prior abuse by other forum members, that number was changed by forum staff.

Thank you,

• Root Admin

Some members that are either Trusted Advisors, Recognized members from other Security Forums, Staff, etc can have less that 100 posts and be able to edit. Unfortunately there are just abusive users out there that have to ruin things for others. Back in the beginning we allowed everyone to edit but that led to quite a few verbal and heated abusive posts by various "new" users that simply had no regard for others. It also caused many extra hours of support by Staff to have to investigate and address the issues. Since we set it to 100 posts those almost went away (long term members are not very likely to be abusive) but then along came some more Internet Trolls that posted junk over and over to get to 100 posts and then posted even more junk and started to edit their posts and say they didn't say xyz thus making us again increase that limit and block or ban a couple users that would not stop doing blasting posts.

Sorry for any inconvenience.