digmorcrusher

MBAE 1.06 Release Candidate

edgetech, same thing happened to me, I didn't reboot but checked " Restore Defaults" and that fixed it .

Maybe pbust just needs to make the user reboot after installing, or upgrading MBAE.

@cutting_edgetech, @digmorecrusher and @Shoonay, can you please send me your MBAE logs?

In your case @Shoonay, please also send me a the logs from FRST to see what extensions you have running that may be conflicting.

Thanks!

EDIT: just saw your logs @cutting_edgetech, thanks!

No problem! I hope the logs were helpful.

@pbust

Just wanna ask why Shielded Application count doesn't reset to "0" even after closing all shielded apps?!!

Just installed v1.06.1.1012, counter was fixed... but it still doesn't write/record logs.

Thanks for confirming Nix.

As for the logs, quoting from my post above in the changelog and first page:

"Yes the notification entries in the log have been replaced by the traybar balloon notifications. In addition to giving a more visual representation of the protection it also frees up the log window to find important entries related to exploits blocked. "

"Yes the notification entries in the log have been replaced by the traybar balloon notifications. In addition to giving a more visual representation of the protection it also frees up the log window to find important entries related to exploits blocked. "

I've missed this part... :)

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for confirming Nix.

As for the logs, quoting from my post above in the changelog and first page:

One issue with this is if you miss the pop-up (or forget : ), it seems difficult to figure out what is being protected. Sometimes I see 2 shielded applications, yet I only have one browser open...I'm sure something is running somewhere else, but this requires some effort to track down. Is there any other way to see what is currently being shielded? I might have missed something. Maybe by highlighting or having the option to quickly open a more extensive log? Personally, I am not a fan of the pop-ups and prefer to see a more complete log on-demand...but I'm just one user : )

One issue with this is if you miss the pop-up (or forget : ), it seems difficult to figure out what is being protected. Sometimes I see 2 shielded applications, yet I only have one browser open...I'm sure something is running somewhere else, but this requires some effort to track down. Is there any other way to see what is currently being shielded? I might have missed something. Maybe by highlighting or having the option to quickly open a more extensive log? Personally, I am not a fan of the pop-ups and prefer to see a more complete log on-demand...but I'm just one user : )

If I'm understanding correctly, I also think it would be an excellent addition; to have the specific Apps that are "actively" running and shown " Shielded" on the GUI listed somewhere.

Often the GUI can show many apps shielded but not easy to remember which ones (if you needed/wanted too).

I have 'over' a dozen custom shielded apps along with default apps in Premium version and remembering is......well lets just say, a challenge. :D

The pop-up is fine. I didn't leave the previous version log tab open all the time but I did like to take a quick peak from time to time to see what was being shielded. Process explorer is far slower to use than a GUI* log.

*And wish GUI windows were bigger and/or manipulable.

@pbust

There's stil a bug on the shield app counter, on SRware Iron even after closing it never revert to "0"... not sure if its only that version of chromium. Firefor and TOR have no such problem even if both are installed in a sandbox(SBIE).

The final version will be released within the next hour or two. Please keep an eye on the News sub-forum for the announcement:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/forum/142-news-questions-and-comments/

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR BETA TESTERS

If you were beta testing any of the 1.06 beta versions it is advised to uninstall from Control Panel and manually delete the MBAE logs directory (C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit) prior to installing this final 1.06.1.1018 build. This is because the upgrade mechanism is designed to upgrade seamlessly between major/minor versions (i.e. from 1.05 to 1.06) but not within different builds of the same version. This is not to say it will necessarily fail. But it is safer to do these steps if upgrading from a 1.06 beta to the final version.

The final version will be released within the next hour or two. Please keep an eye on the News sub-forum for the announcement:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/forum/142-news-questions-and-comments/

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR BETA TESTERS

If you were beta testing any of the 1.06 beta versions it is advised to uninstall from Control Panel and manually delete the MBAE logs directory (C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit) prior to installing this final 1.06.1.1018 build. This is because the upgrade mechanism is designed to upgrade seamlessly between major/minor versions (i.e. from 1.05 to 1.06) but not within different builds of the same version. This is not to say it will necessarily fail. But it is safer to do these steps if upgrading from a 1.06 beta to the final version.

Thanks! :D

Clean install from beta status and all fine also. :)

Disregard, my last post. I see the anouncement now in a prior post. I'm still bot being given an option to edit my post. How many post do you have to have before you can edit your post?

Ok, thank you. I better hold off on the threads I was going to start for questions I have about exploits, and privilege. I may make a mistake, and need to edit.

Ok, thank you. I better hold off on the threads I was going to start for questions I have about exploits, and privilege. I may make a mistake, and need to edit.

It is a bit of a pain to not be able to edit. Unfortunately there are people who cause trouble or confusion and wasted 'modding' time when they improperly use the editing function. Thus the x number of posts before you get the ability.

You can preview your post before posting and there is an auto-save function as well. You can also copy and paste from a word document. Use the -- More Reply Options.

If some typos, misspellings, or unclear content still get through, meh, it happens. If you've completely bollixed your intention in an unanswered post - quote yourself with corrections. [That should rarely be done as that can cause confusion.] 

People who post in this forum have different abilities and speak different languages. The overwhelming commonality is the search for information, not to grade posts.

So, please ask your questions. The answers might help you and the community at large to gain more knowledge about the subject matter. Your -- "...the threads I was going to start for questions I have about exploits, and privilege..." -- has piqued my curiosity.

Congrats to pbust and team for the latest version of MBAE. It's working well for me.  

Thank You!