MBAE 1.06 Release Candidate

digmorcrusher

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staff

The important ones are mbae-alert.log and mbae-service.log.

Mbae-alert.log provides historic view of the exploits that have been blocked.

Mbae-service.log is a historic view of installed versions and maintenance events (start/stop, custom shields, exclusions, etc.)

Oh, I see that a new version of the RC MBAE.  :D  I have just downloaded and I'm testing. I see a lot of options in the Advanced Settings. For now it works fine. I've added a new browsers- Cyberfox, Waterfox, Comodo Dagon. Super. And if you plan to Polish language, as in MBAM? :)

Hi Pedro,

The template has already been set up, months ago... but even with it there is compatibility issue with MBAE still having some troubles injecting properly into SBIE protected apps. No extra effort on x64 systems running 32 bit apps guarded by MBAE and which is run inside SBIE.

But if your using a 32 bit system or a 64 bit system running 64 bit apps, the only way I can make it work is after running the sandboxed app, MBAE have to be manually stopped>then restarted.

Its been a problem since the release of MBAE but only SBIE version 4.x.x(win XP - win 8.1), with version 3.76(win XP - win 7) no such problem at all...

I've asked the developer and this is his response: http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&p=108015#p107986

Regards,

Nix

Win 7 x32bit

SBIE 3.76

MBAE 1.06 RC

• Staff

We have translations in the backlog, but not in short term.

As for Sandboxie, the FAQ I referenced includes guidelines for performing the injection of 64bit processes with Sandboxie 4. It's not ideal but it can be done. Full compatibility with Sandboxie is not in our top priority list right now.

I just rebooted, and got a message as soon as the desktop appeared that stated the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Service is not running. It went on to say something like it was going to terminate. Sorry I don't have the exact message from the dialog box. I took a screen shot of it, and then closed the dialog box. Then when I pasted it to MSPaint the dialog box was no where to be found in the screen shot. I guess Windows has some issues with it's screen shot functionality. I'm going to send you the program data folder to see if you can discover the problem. It may have something to do with Shadow Defender which is a light virtualization software.  I was exiting Shadow Mode (virtual mode) when the problem occured. It requires a reboot to exit Shadow Mode. Shadow Defender virtualizes track 0, the mbr, and the hidden boot partiition. I thought I should mention this info in case it is useful in diagnosing the problem. I'm using Windows 7X64 Ultimate.