Trovi spyware removal. MBAM scan failed with SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults failed with code: 2

Hello,

My computer was infected with Trovi spyware. I have attempted to manually clean the virus multiple times without luck. When trying to run MBAM the scan fails after 3 seconds with the error, "SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults failed with code: 2". I am running windows 7 NT. My research on the topic leads me to believe the spyware is blocking MBAM from running correctly. I have attempted the following with no luck.

1. Remove all AV software

2. Run MBAM in safemode

3. MBAM clean removal tool and reinstall

4. Chameleon mode (test 1 did find a malicious program but the scan still would not run)

5. Download and save MBAM under another filename on another device and run from flashdrive on infected PC.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.  :)

-Matt

Hello and :welcome: :

We are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.

So, if you think you might be infected, I suggest that you might want to please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue - the helper will assist with scanning, cleaning and repairing the malware damage.

Thanks,

Archived