MBAM Real-Time Protection and Start-up not working

I'm using a fresh install of MBAM, have set exceptions in AV (and tried turning them off),  however mbamservice won't run, preventing me from loading MBAM at start-up or using the real-time protection.

The event viewer displays the following:

Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x0008f796
Faulting process id: 0x7a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d05d0863377b87
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

Hello and Welcome!

We would need more info on the system....

Please read the following and in your next reply ATTACH the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs

(the three files should be CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

Thank You,

Firefox

It could be a mix of issues. The best thing to do is have someone assist you looking to ensure the computer is not infected. It appears you may have some old Avast antivirus settings running too that should be removed.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

If the issue cannot be resolved by a helper please let me know.

Thanks

A) I've already ran full scans in both MBAM and COMODO and they've both come up with nothing, so I don't think that's the issue here.

B) I've already uninstalled Avast but it appears not everything got removed.

Well then not sure what you'd like us to do. If you don't want one of the Experts to look into it deeper then how are we supposed to help you?

We don't know what the issue is and we're not sitting at your computer - thus scans and tools need to be run to see what might be causing it. Such tools and scans are not allowed to be run in this section of the forum.

Archived