Can't start mbam PM without locking up?

After this morning's downloads of mbam updates. I could not start my mbam Protection Module? The screen would lock up? Once it did it locked up on starting the PM, The next box poped up to OK out of "starting PM" that window, I could not "OK" out of? Mouse did not work. Had to preform 4 hot shutdowns. any isea? TIA

After this morning's downloads of mbam updates. I could not start my mbam Protection Module? The screen would lock up? Once it did it locked up on starting the PM, The next box poped up to OK out of "starting PM" that window, I could not "OK" out of? Mouse did not work. Had to preform 4 hot shutdowns. any isea? TIA

I got similar problems too.After i installed vista sp2,mbam real time started detecting all these stuff as adware and when i click ignore,it locks up and i have to force shut down.

Yep that hit me also. One time the PM poped up and said myC:\Windows\System32\setupapi.dll was to be ignored, or put in Quarantine? I could not push/ok anything thats when it locked up BUT ONLY 1 Time I saw this? The other 3 I locked up on launching the PM.

EDIT: I'm running Win XP home (SP3) 32 bit. I downloaded http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner and found two items which I posted in this forum: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...amp;#entry85289

When I rt. mouse click & go to properties the date they went in was May 21st. (I was beta testing here) I'm betting an uninstall & a reinstall will fix it.... but thats just my thought. Think I'll give this a try first: http://www.bitdefender.com/scanner/online/free.html

Yep that hit me also. One time the PM poped up and said myC:\Windows\System32\setupapi.dll was to be ignored, or put in Quarantine? I could not push/ok anything thats when it locked up BUT ONLY 1 Time I saw this? The other 3 I locked up on launching the PM.

EDIT: I'm running Win XP home (SP3) 32 bit. I downloaded http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner and found two items which I posted in this forum: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...amp;#entry85289

When I rt. mouse click & go to properties the date they went in was May 21st. (I was beta testing here) I'm betting an uninstall & a reinstall will fix it.... but thats just my thought. Think I'll give this a try first: http://www.bitdefender.com/scanner/online/free.html

Something like this has been happening to me, also running xp. Malwarebytes starts up automatically, and seems to flag different components each time. the computer then has to be physically shut down. if preferred, I can start a new thread for this problem, as it might not be exactly the same cause. Sunday the computer worked fine, Monday, no go. cannot boot in safe mode either - it shuts itself off soon after startup.

In my opinion, it appears that Malware ver 1.37 with the paid protection module has a problem.

I believe the problem can be narrowed down to the mbamservice.exe program.

I've followed all of the instructions for a clean install, uninstalling malawarebytes, downloading and running the mbam cleaner program.

I've also excluded the appropriate folders and files from scanning by my antivirus software as instructed to from this forum.

Thought everything was working fine...but NOT.

After a few days, I'm now seeing problems at boot up.

Mbamservice terminated unexpectedley and would not start.

Windows event viewer reports:

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( MBAMService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: MBAMService, mbamservice.exe: LoadLibrary failed with error code 998.

Now trying to load the normal Malwarebytes program I get

Error loading database line #0 (0)

OK, Malaware tech support team... its really time to step up to the plate and look into the problems with mbamservice.exe from version 1.37.

Apparently this is a whole new version with major upgrades.

As a computer technician, I am responsible for managing the integrity of about 200 computers for various clients.

100 of them use Malware bytes paid version ... 33% are reporting problems, lock ups, etc. where I've had to uninstall and/or disable the software to get the computer going.

I liked the product (past tense) until version 1.37. Now I'm about ready to move on.

Tech support:

I'm willing to work with a couple machines to isolate the problem but I don't have the luxury of traveling to all my clients to isolate the problem on all computers, and my clients are getting angry that I sold them a poor product.

Clearly, there is an issue with mbamservice in version 1.37

Let's get problem fixed or revert back to the engine from version 1.36.

Thank you

@ Rubber Duckey

I have the mbam protection Module ON !!!!!!! I double checked my TrendMicro Internet Security and these four files were NOT in the Trust area..... It was blank? There are 2-3 other users posting the same question as me using the same Trend Micro. Take a look its working.