Michael Sherwood joins Malwarebytes to focus on creating innovative tools for technicians

celee

• Administrators

Please welcome the latest geek to the Malwarebytes team Michael Sherwood!

In his new role as our Senior Director of Technician Services, Michael will work closely with the technician community to help Malwarebytes develop a toolset which creates new standards in the diagnosis and repair of infected computers.

Previously, Michael was a Director and Lead Architect at Geek Squad.

We are extremely thrilled to have Michael on board and are excited of what's to come on the technician's side of Malwarebytes!

You can read the full press release here.

• Administrators

Stoked to be here!

Technicians are the heart and soul of the computer services industry. We're going to be making some amazing software that we know will help them in their daily duties. If you're a technician, you're going to want to stay close to this one! More to come very soon...

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

Question for Michael,

any news on "Techbench 2.0" ? :)

With aquisition of JRT, Malwarebytes can provide us a killer tool to rule infested computers.

Not yet but soon! And yep, the JRT acquisition was a great one for us!

Something to think about... what if we're making a toolset for technicians that does more than just malware stuff...

• 3 months later...

MaTeZZ, on 08 Jul 2015 - 2:40 PM, said:

snapback.png

Question for Michael,

any news on "Techbench 2.0" ?  :)

With aquisition of JRT, Malwarebytes can provide us a killer tool to rule infested computers.

Something to think about... what if we're making a toolset for technicians that does more than just malware stuff...

Hello Michael - Just purchased TechBench....I'm working on refinements to the entire tech process. Be great to talk about "Innovative tools for technicians."

• 3 weeks later...

Will it have any capabilities similar to The Avenger?

http://swandog46.geekstogo.com/avenger2/avenger2.html

Several years ago I was very active in a tech support forum helping people remove malware before I took a side step with a dead end career path that I put pretty much all my focus into. I absolutely loved that tool. I think its support ended with Vista though, but I see the dev moved over here to work on MBAM. It would be great to see either a ressurection of that tool, or something like it.

Since my dead end of the other path, I've gone to college full time for an Associate's in Cyber Security and Networking which I'm nearly done with, and will be pursuing a Bachelor's in Computer Science afterwards. I'm wanting to get back into the malware pwning game, because it's something I always enjoyed doing. A lot has changed since I was active in it though, and I need to refresh my knoweldge, so I'm trying to enroll in one of the training programs on the various forums.

Anyway, I just wanted to say congrats to Malwarebytes for still being the go to anti-malware scanner, and your anti-exploit tool is really great as well, and it would be awesome to see a new tool with some functionality like The Avenger.

• Administrators

Several years ago I was very active in a tech support forum helping people remove malware before I took a side step with a dead end career path that I put pretty much all my focus into. I absolutely loved that tool. I think its support ended with Vista though, but I see the dev moved over here to work on MBAM. It would be great to see either a ressurection of that tool, or something like it.

Since my dead end of the other path, I've gone to college full time for an Associate's in Cyber Security and Networking which I'm nearly done with, and will be pursuing a Bachelor's in Computer Science afterwards. I'm wanting to get back into the malware pwning game, because it's something I always enjoyed doing. A lot has changed since I was active in it though, and I need to refresh my knoweldge, so I'm trying to enroll in one of the training programs on the various forums.

Anyway, I just wanted to say congrats to Malwarebytes for still being the go to anti-malware scanner, and your anti-exploit tool is really great as well, and it would be awesome to see a new tool with some functionality like The Avenger.

Hello! While we will certainly have malware utilities within the toolset we're building, it won't be the only aspect we focus on. It's a bit too soon to talk specifics, but know we're focusing on the diagnostic and repairs aspects of the Windows world. Either now or after you refresh your knowledge, feel free to drop me a note with what you think we should focus on! I'm at msherwood@malwarebytes.org

Congrats Michael in your new position at Malwarebytes!! :)

Regards,

Tim Cormany

Thanks Tim!

Great idea. I have always considered this tool as something we called Turbo because it was so powerful and funny to use. Today in malware removal community we basically do not have fully supported 64-bit standalone tool that doesn't need to work outside of Windows (like FRST), so something like 64-bit Avenger would be really huge.

P.S. Please correct me if I am wrong.