Is Firefox Plugin Container process protected by MBAE Free ?

pal1000

After reading https://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/ (compare table) and https://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/premium/ (browser components section), I want to ask this despite the fact this might be obvious for other people. I think that if MBAE would show both the number of shielded applications and the number of shielded processes would make things a lot clearer, rendering questions like this unnecessary. What is not very clear for me is that by cross reading from these 2 pages I can understand that MBAE Free can protect browser and browser add-ons not just Flash and Java but any add-on running in browser process space. Correct?

Also it is not absolutely clear what browser process space mean. It is the browser process or the browser process and all its potential child processes? 

• Staff

When MBAE refers to "browser and add-ons" it means all add-ons.

In the case of IE it means the parent iexplore.exe and also all its iexplore.exe child processes.Since all add-ons run within iexplore.exe, all add-ons are automatically protected (Flash, Java, Acrobat Reader, etc.).

In the case of Chrome it means the parent chrome.exe and also all its chrome.exe child processes.Since all add-ons run within chrome.exe, all add-ons are automatically protected (Flash, Java, Acrobat Reader, etc.).

In the case of Firefox it means firefox.exe, plugin-container.exe and its child processes like FlashPlayer*.exe. Unlike with IE and Chrome, under Firefox Flash runs as a child process of plugin-container.exe.

Hope this helps.