[SOLVED] Chrome x32 freezes while opening

utio3300

Hello,

I just installed the free version of Malwarebytes Anti Exploit with the free trial enabled : version 1.05.1.1016 but the Chrome Browser does not work, it starts to open and then stops and is frozen.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security installed as well ( 14.0.0.4651(i) ) on Windows 7.

• Staff

Nothing stands out from the logs.

Can you please try the following:?

1- Download MBAE again from malwarebytes.org

2- Close the browser and any other running applications (Office, PDF readers, etc.)

3- Reinstall MBAE on top of your previous install

4- Reboot

Does the problem persist?

If it does please run some scans with MBAM and other anti-malware on-demand scanners to see if they detect any infections on your PC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Unlocking this thread and marking as non-solved.

Seems problem persists even with Chrome x32.

Do you know if you have any programs running in the background that may be doing system-wide hooking? Please try closing as many programs that are running in the background to see if that results in a different behavior.

Also just for the sake of it, re-install MBAE to discard any potential corrupted installs.

• Staff

Also in addition to the two new tests above (stop programs and re-install) can you please also test by uninstalling Kaspersky, rebooting and re-installing MBAE?

This should not make a difference as we have many other users running MBAE and Kaspersky together, but just to rule out more things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...