Sign in to follow this  
mountaintree16

When purchasing Malwarebytes...

I am planning on purchasing Malwarebytes as soon as possible.

I like to have a back up just in case, either an extended download option or a physical disk.

So my questions are:

I went to the page where you go to purchase, you can opt to also purchase a Backup CD and/or an extended download (available online 24 months from date of purchase). Which is most recommended or is either one good?

Also, when it says that you have an extended download, does that mean that if you installed Malwarebytes, had to uninstall it for some reason, then redownload it, you wouldn't be able to enter your license again unless you had the extended download OR the CD?

I'd say the "Extended Download" is pointless, because both CNet and Major Geeks would have to go down for our download to be unavailable.

As for the CD, that's up to you. The version available on the CD is going to be outdated when the next version releases, and then it will just have to download the new version as an update anyway. If you want a hard-copy, then go ahead and go for it.

By version, do you mean the number (for example, 1.37 that just came out) or the database number?

Hmm I think that the CD would be a good idea just in case incase I wasn't able to get online sometime in the future, then again, that probably won't do much good if I can't get online anyway.

So when purchasing, would I still need to download from Cnet? It's not available for download directly from malwarebytes.org? Is CNET and download.com the same thing? I downloaded my free version from download.com, getting the link from malwarebytes.org

I'd say the "Extended Download" is pointless, because both CNet and Major Geeks would have to go down for our download to be unavailable.

As for the CD, that's up to you. The version available on the CD is going to be outdated when the next version releases, and then it will just have to download the new version as an update anyway. If you want a hard-copy, then go ahead and go for it.

You can actually BURN your OWN CD of the software and your key information. I know it's only a couple bucks so it's up to you but if you have a CD burner then you can do exactly what they'd do.

I would do that but I don't have a burner :P My husband bought a basic model, that didnt' even come with Word.

You can actually BURN your OWN CD of the software and your key information. I know it's only a couple bucks so it's up to you but if you have a CD burner then you can do exactly what they'd do.