Keep getting error code 732 (12029) when I try to update

Since installing 1.37 today I keep getting error code 732. Malwarebytes is definitely permitted explicitly in my Windows Firewall setup and as you can see from this message I am definitely connected to the internet, but I cannot get version 1.37 to update! What is going on???? :P HELP

Since installing 1.37 today I keep getting error code 732. Malwarebytes is definitely permitted explicitly in my Windows Firewall setup and as you can see from this message I am definitely connected to the internet, but I cannot get version 1.37 to update! What is going on???? :P HELP

I got similar problem as yours. check this thread first http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16365

hope this helps :D

• Root Admin

Basic procedures to correct freezing issues often due to other Security Software

If these procedures do not correct the problem please create a new post seeking further assistance

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.
  2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run
    this utility

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from
    here

Note:
    If you're using a PAID version of Malwareybtes, you will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via e-mail.

BEFORE

registering and starting the Protection Module, locate the Exclusion List for your Anti-Virus. Probably under an advanced menu in the program.

Add the following folders, sub-folders, and files to the exclusion to be safe.
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

• C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Basic procedures to correct freezing issues often due to other Security Software

If these procedures do not correct the problem please create a new post seeking further assistance
  1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php' rel="external nofollow">

Note:
    If you're using a PAID version of Malwareybtes, you will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via e-mail.

BEFORE
registering and starting the Protection Module, locate the Exclusion List for your Anti-Virus. Probably under an advanced menu in the program.
Add the following folders, sub-folders, and files to the exclusion to be safe.
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

• C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

I did the removal routine two time, and manually checked the registry to remove all mention of Malwarebytes there too. I use Windows Firewall and F-Prot as well as Spybot, and F-Prot would NOT be stopping the download of an update. It never has before, either. So after all that I still keep getting the same message. What does that 12029 mean? I now have Malwarebytes totally uninstalled, incidentally, and even after the full removal, with multiple reboots, and reinstall, I got the SAME exact message... with the same 12029 value, and that only started with the install of version 1.37! Version 1.36 was just fine, thank you, and I would willingly reinstall THAT version to prove that it is fine if I could do so without having 1.37 then be automatically downloaded and installed to 'update' me.

RsH

Here is what that error means.

ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT

The attempt to connect to the server failed.

The new version 1.37 is a lot different and you have something blocking access to the update site. Most likely your Anti-Virus.

Found the solution, if not the cause of the problem in the first place...

I was still getting all my email and still working with the Internet via IE and Firefox without any difficulty, but I just found that I could NOT download updates to products such as Microsoft Streets & Trips either, so I opened IE and went into the properties and set up the internet connection again. Now all is well. It was NOT the A-V product <grin> as now, without any changes to the firewall or F-Prot, the download is working.

For some reason the set-up that internally showed there was a connection to the internet was lost and as a result the downloads were not working even though other downloads, such as the update for F-Prot, were still working. Go figure!

I am also still losing my boot.ini file, even though I restored it using the Microsoft method via the CD, so I willl have to see if my boot.ini file will disappear again. It started at the same time I rebooted after installing version 1.37, so I will have to see if the loss of internet connectivity is related, since that has been restored and version 1.37 is now installed, and [after a clean brief scan] is running on a full scan of the hard drives.

After that I may try a scan using the TrendAV scan via the Internet to see if there is something in RAM causing problems that my other defenses are not finding.

Thanks for the hint... Step one should now be... Double Check your Internet Connection set-up <grin>... even if email, etc., is still working.

I have been following posts dealing with error code 732 since the newest update. I have followed all the directions for the fix and it has not done anything except waste a lot of time. (besides living in a cave, I still have a dial-up connection so downloading is a long process). I am not savvy with computers and programming so when I read that systems are disturbed and fixes are needed when bad updates are provided it causes undue stress. Once anyone finds that they can't find a simple fix, please reply with a recommended anti-malware program to use. For now I think I will uninstall the current program and use the extra "clean-up" tool listed to avoid further tainting. I have Spy-bot as well and would like one other safe program to use with it. Thanks in advance for any aid.