PC TOOL & Spyware Doctor

@mountaintree16

Woah... STOP there please. If you have an open HJT post going on with Miekemos then you should NOT be doing any other changes to the system unless SHE asks you to. This can cause issues and make her task of helping you more difficult.

I would recommend you stop posting in this thread and simply finish up in the HJT forum before doing anything else.

Thanks! I haven't done anything yet and I haven't actually posted a HJT log yet, although I am going to as soon as possible, probably tonight.

Okay thanks :P

Should I hold off on the Java update instructions that you gave me then?

I did already half-way uninstall Norton, so should I just finish that up since its already halfway done?

You should let miekiemoes know and finish up with her. She is VERY experienced and a great asset here and can assist you, but in that forum it is for Malware detection and removal. If the two of you decide you don't have any Malware then you should let her close that post and you can then do other PC work here in this forum as needed.

AdvancedSetup:

What exactly should I let her know about?

Okay, thanks.

I won't do any of the other updates to Java, etc, then yet until we finish up in there. Will waiting on the Java instructions for removal and installation of the newest versions be harmful to my system? I don't think I even use Java but I know its used in browsers to enhance webpages and such.

Should I finish uninstalling Norton though?

AdvancedSetup:

I do have another AV installed, AVG Security Suite.

Okay, thank you so much.

I'm glad I hadn't actually started doing any of these things yet.

are you really being fair when it comes to webroot.

since installing webroot i have no malware on my comp (over 3 yrs ago) bar the one time i fessed up myself when formatting/re installing the os and webroot wasnt on there then.

my daugher had a hack tool on her laptop nothing else found it kaspery et all,webroot did.

just want your honest rply.

( nothing else ment by the post bar wondering why you deem webroot)

the only gripe i have is it does slow down my comp a tad but not enough to concern me esp since its shileds keep my system clean.

are you really being fair when it comes to webroot.

since installing webroot i have no malware on my comp (over 3 yrs ago) bar the one time i fessed up myself when formatting/re installing the os and webroot wasnt on there then.

my daugher had a hack tool on her laptop nothing else found it kaspery et all,webroot did.

just want your honest rply.

( nothing else ment by the post bar wondering why you deem webroot)

the only gripe i have is it does slow down my comp a tad but not enough to concern me esp since its shileds keep my system clean.

I assume you mean the post here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ost&p=84123

If you're happy with WebRoot there is nothing wrong with that. He was only pointing out that in his opinion WebRoot is no longer performing at the top of their game so to speak and have easily allowed known threats to bypass their program. No program can block everything, every time, but for stuff that has been out for a few months and you still miss it - that's not good either.

One should always use a layered protection anyways. Relying on any one single product is a recipe for infection to get in sooner or later.

i acctaly came down to say scratch the q.

as i thought about it a bit and understood what he ment.

when i said fair i was also comparing the ammount off adds spydoctor has compared to webroot.

and your totaly right about one layered proctection.

i dont just rely one,that sure would be a recpice for disaster.

i am not defending webroot,if theres a issiue with a program,i would not blatenly denfend it.

thanks for your reply and time.

Archived