Automated Scheduling

For some reason today all of my automated scheduling settings disappeared.  I had two tasks scheduled but today they were gone.  This hasn't happened before.  I'm using the latest version.

Also, whenever I run a scan manually (as I did today since my scheduled scan didn't run due to the task disappearing) and then try to close MBAM (after the scan finishes) it doesn't close right away and windows displays an error box saying MBAM is not responding.  If I wait long enough eventually it will close and seemingly run normally thereafter.

Any ideas?

Logs attached.

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

FRST.txt

Hello and :welcome: , @Neverwinterx:

I just noticed the same issue. Probably the scheduled tasks didn't carry over to the new year.

Actually, that's not likely to be the case -- if it were, there would be several million reports here at the forum. ;)

We're sorry to hear you are having issues.
Each computer is unique.
Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.
The same is true for solutions.
They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".
Please start a NEW, SEPARATE forum topic using this clickable cjfj.png button.
The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

@robkarp:

Thanks for the logs -- we'll need to wait for a forum expert or staff member to review them.

I didn't see anything obvious, so you might want to try a clean reinstall, to see if that resolves the issue.

Instructions are here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

Thank you both for your patience,

• Root Admin

Your Microsoft Security Essentials is also missing it's schedule. There is an indicator that you might have a bad drive or possibly one that is going bad.

Error: (01/03/2015 00:02:34 PM) (Source: Application Error) (EventID: 1005) (User: )
Description: Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons:
there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage
drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing.
Windows closed the program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware because of this error.

I would recommend you run a Full Disk Check on your system drive.  If needed here are some links on how to run a Disk Check.  Then post back the results from the Even Log entry.

On Windows XP the disk check log is in the Event Logs under Application with a heading source of  Winlogon
On Windows 7 the disk check log is in the Event Logs under Application with a heading source of  Wininit
On Windows 8 the disk check log is in the Event Logs under Application with a heading source of  Chkdsk

How to Run a Chkdsk Function on Windows XP

How to view and manage event logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP

How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7

How to Run Check Disk at Startup in Vista or Windows 7

How to Check a Drive for Errors with "chkdsk" in Windows 8

How to Read the Event Viewer Log for Check Disk (chkdsk) in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8

• Root Admin

Well nothing odd found there.

Let me have you remove MBAM using this method and then reinstall it.

Please uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest version. MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

After you reinstall and update please restart the computer.

Then do the following

Please open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and from the Dashboard please Check for Updates by clicking the Update Now... link
Open up Malwarebytes > Settings > Detection and Protection > Enable Scan for rootkits, Under Non Malware Protection set both PUP and PUM to Treat detections as malware.
Click on the SCAN button and run a Threat Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking the Scan Now>> button. Remove any threats found
Once completed please click on the History > Application Logs and find your scan log and open it and then click on the "copy to clipboard" button and post back the results on your next reply.