Ever consider doing this?

Guest victimized

Guest victimized

Hello MBAM team, have you ever considered putting a app on malwarebytes that lets you control the speed at which it is scanning, like AVG?

Guest victimized

Then if one was to be made I would like for the normal speed to be how fast it scans now, the slow 1/3 slower, and the fast 1/3 faster.

When I want 1/3 slower I use my old XP Home system and when I want 1/3 faster I use my Vista system and my XP Pro system is just right. :D

Sounds like a Goldilocks and the Three Bears story. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

@ victimized.

This isn't about MBAM but,

AVG lets you control the speed that it scans at?

This would be nice for me since it takes about two hours or two and a half hours for my scan... very annoying. Plus my fan goes on loudly and the computer runs slow when its scanning. What version of AVG do you use?

Guest victimized
@ victimized.

This isn't about MBAM but,

AVG lets you control the speed that it scans at?

This would be nice for me since it takes about two hours or two and a half hours for my scan... very annoying. Plus my fan goes on loudly and the computer runs slow when its scanning. What version of AVG do you use?

I don't use AVG anymore, I used the free version of 8.5 and 8.0 and I used the trial Internet Security version of 8.5. All of them come with the speed changer. When customizing full/quick scan you can set it to slow, automatic, or fast. Or when it is scanning with its default settings you could drag it to fast.

EDIT: What I had noticed about it was when you were using you CPU to 100% or around there, the AVG scan slows, even if it is at fast scan, just saying what it happened for me. Sorry this was off topic of MBAM, but something like this would be very useful if it was to be developed in version 1.40/1.41 just to give you time MBAM team. Also, MBAM doesn't slow down much like AVG does I used to use my CPU to at or around 100%, it only slows a little for me, so I find it to be useful.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't use AVG anymore, I used the free version of 8.5 and 8.0 and I used the trial Internet Security version of 8.5. All of them come with the speed changer. When customizing full/quick scan you can set it to slow, automatic, or fast. Or when it is scanning with its default settings you could drag it to fast.

EDIT: What I had noticed about it was when you were using you CPU to 100% or around there, the AVG scan slows, even if it is at fast scan, just saying what it happened for me. Sorry this was off topic of MBAM, but something like this would be very useful if it was to be developed in version 1.40/1.41 just to give you time MBAM team. Also, MBAM doesn't slow down much like AVG does I used to use my CPU to at or around 100%, it only slows a little for me, so I find it to be useful.

Malwarebytes is already vary fast it dose not need to be any faster and why would you want it to be slower?

just keep the free ver out thats all i ask lol although adding real time protection to free ver would be awesome

but that's probly asking too much :(

Malwarebytes is already vary fast it dose not need to be any faster and why would you want it to be slower?

just keep the free ver out thats all i ask lol although adding real time protection to free ver would be awesome

but that's probly asking too much :(

I doubt its a faster issue... but a lot of people think that slower scan is more in-depth and with some utilities this is true... as for MBAM I don't know if the same would be the case... a developer would have to answer that...