Sign in to follow this  
mountaintree16

My Malwarebytes Log

Miekiemoes,

Thank you so much! You have been most helpful :) I greatly appreciate it.

I am still slightly concerned about the antimalwarescanner site and then the Adware.Generic that was found a fewmonths ago by Spyware Doctor on my system. In your opinion, do you think that I should be concerned about that at all? If it had been on my system, would HJT picked it up?

I also wanted to ask you some more questions about computer software and safety, malware prevention, and a few other things if you don't mind and if you/as you have the time? If that's okay, should I do that here, post on the board in the PC Help area, or send you a message?

Hi,

Please do NOT be concerned about the detection from months ago, especially since it's a generic detection. :)

For more questions, general questions, I suggest you start a new thread in this part of the forum: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=41 so others can answer you as well. :huh:

Threads in Hijackthis forums are only for when people are infected :)

Okay, thanks :huh: I had done a little google searching on it, didn't find much, but a couple people had said it can be a backdoor trojan, which was pretty scary sounding to me! I'm sure its probably nothing though, since AVG has not found it, and Mbam has not found it, and Spybot has not found it either. the only program that found it was Spyware Doctor. I was thinking about scanning again with it at some point to see if it finds it again, but I am not sure if its worth the bother. If I do that, may I show or tell you the results?

What does a generic detection mean, generally speaking? I have come across threads (on here and on other sites while doing google searches on various virus names) that have names such as Trojan.Generic, and then of course the Adware.Generic.

Okay, thank you much!

Again, thank you and I appreciate all of your help.

On the nature of this thread, is there anything else that I should do? Should I keep the ResetTeaTimer?

Yes, you can post the detection from spyware doctor if you want, but imho, it's a waste of time to install it again, then scan with it again, only to find out its a generic (heuristic/general/not even sure if it's malware) detection. I've even seen Spywaredoctor flagging some harmless cookies as backdoors. :)

Anyway, the choice is yours. :huh:

No need to keep resetTeatimer though.

Okay, thanks. So you're almost positive that what it detected was nothing to be concerned about?

I probably won't scan for it, but if I do, I'll let you know :)

Okay, thanks. Just delete ResetTeaTimer then or is there a special way to delete it? Any harm in keeping it?

Yes, you can post the detection from spyware doctor if you want, but imho, it's a waste of time to install it again, then scan with it again, only to find out its a generic (heuristic/general/not even sure if it's malware) detection. I've even seen Spywaredoctor flagging some harmless cookies as backdoors. :huh:

Anyway, the choice is yours. :)

No need to keep resetTeatimer though.

No special way to delete it, just rightclick and delete. But it won't hurt to keep it either. It's a tool to "flush out" the Teatimer rules which were set previously.

Your choice if you want to keep it or not. :huh:

Oh, okay, thanks :huh: I don't really understand the ResetTeaTimer very well. What does it do and in what instances would I need to use it?

By placing the checkmarks next to what I removed in Spybot, does that restore any changed settings?

No need to use it ever though - only when instructed. :huh:

By placing the checkmarks next to what I removed in Spybot, does that restore any changed settings?
I cannot answer on that since I don't use Spybot.

Oh, okay then! Thanks!

Hmm. I would assume that it would restore it, the page you gave me on instructions to disable teatimer I believe said that you can do the reverse to restore it, but I had just wondered if you might know anything further.

No need to use it ever though - only when instructed. :huh:

I cannot answer on that since I don't use Spybot.