"One or more components of protection are disabled"

Hey whats up guys, just a quick question.

I get the following prompt from MalwareBytes on every start-up (attached). Usually after 10-15 minutes from start-up. The component in question is Real Time Protection. I don't want to use Real Time Protection and prefer to use MalwareBytes purely for the scan function. Therefore I want this prompt to go away as it is pretty damn annoying, especially because it will exit me out of other windows when it pops up. I have notifications under General Settings "disabled" but it still pops up.

Thanks for your time.

post-180413-0-69250300-1419392735_thumb.

Lol so reading through the other thread on the front page of this board it looks like you can't customize MBAM so that you don't have to use real-time protection and not receive the notification. While I do appreciate that Real-time protection is "recommended", I don't think it is imperative or for that fact, necessary. After years of using MBAM I'm probably just going to uninstall. Or at least until there is an update that provides more custom features in this area.

Hello and :welcome: :

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to completely disable such notifications.

The IP blocking module and the real-time Malware protection modules are both critical components of MBAM Premium.

So, as with any other security application, the program *will* notify the user when a key component has been disabled.

This is for safety.

Disabling either or both modules greatly reduces the real-time protection afforded by MBAM Premium; doing so is NOT recommended.

Having said that, the developers have mentioned that more granular control of certain, non-critical popup tray notifications will be provided with a future program version.

The reminder in the GUI will likely remain.

More detailed explanations about this from the Product Manager may be found here:

https://forums.malwa...on/#entry813524

https://forums.malwa...on/#entry894565

Well, to be frank, I do not believe that most of our customers permanently disable one of the major components of protection that our application provides. It is quite true that some do, and that we do intend to make some allowances for that, including the ability to specify which tray notifications are displayed, however I have yet to see any security application which allows the user to have the application display a 'green' or 'everything is OK' status when one of its major protection components is disabled (and we tested many when determining what the best practices were for the functionality of our application).

The fear is that, as I mentioned earlier, a user might forget that they turned it off, and of course it's also possible that malware may have disabled it, and not alerting the user to something like that would be a critical failure on our part for those customers because if malware were able to disable the protection, it could just as easily also disable all status indicators and notifications that the protection were turned off if we provided the functionality to disable all such indicators, meaning a user could be infected, with all protection turned off, yet our application says nothing to indicate to those customers that there's any problem at all, which would be far worse than the annoyance you guys are getting from the status indicator as it is.

We will provide a way to disable the notification from the tray though, so you won't have to deal with the pop-up any more when we re-work all of our notification settings to make them all granular as I said earlier.

You may easily revert to the Free, manual, on-demand scanner version by opening the GUI > My Account > Deactivate, or by cleanly uninstalling and then reinstalling as the Free version.
This would defeat the purpose of having the paid, Premium version of MBAM, as you will have no real-time protection.

But you would no longer receive notifications about disabled protection components.

Thank you,