Is Glyph software from Trionworlds safe?

Spoke

Dear Malwarebytes forum.

If this thread was created on wrong section, then Im sorry and I kindly please to point proper location.

I would want to kindly ask you about little help about certain games related software. Lately, I wanted to give a try to some games that require Glyph software installed, from Trionworlds. However, I dont want to take a risk of downloading something that could be dangerous to my PC, especially invasive anti-cheat software. Trionworlds handles Archeage in Europe and game in question use one of such software - GameGuard, which I want to avoid at all cost. The problem is - does it install itself along with Glyph or only with said game? Did anybody reported problems coming with Glyph itself? I failed to find related topic on this site myself.

Thank you for any help, reply or advice.

• Root Admin

Don't know the answer but it seems to be legit. You may wish to read the EULA in detail that should be offered during the install and decide for yourself after reading it if you're willing to abide by it.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/11/trion-worlds-introduces-glyph-gaming-platform/

• Root Admin

Unfortunately we just don't have the time and resources to test every piece of software that's available on the Internet. If you're concerned you may want to look at running it on a virtual machine if possible or doing a full system backup including registry backup. Test it out and then if not satisfied restore the system back to before you installed it.

Best of luck