RubbeR DuckY

Version 1.37

The only time I have seen this issue in the past has been due to a corrupted registration.

Everyone having this problem:

Can you please uninstall MBAM completely, REBOOT (important), run this tool, REBOOT (important), and reinstall. Then re-register and Start Protection, and reboot. Does this fix the problem?

Me to. That seemed to fix the issue. Thanks very much.

Kind of wondering why that update would have caused this issue, if you know.

If by Right Click Context Menu you mean the menu of options accessed by right clicking on the Malwarebytes taskbar icon, then I can confirm that it functions properly on my Vista Home Premium 64-bit system.

Negative Sir, I am talking about the Context Menu once you right click on the Folder, Directories or even Hard Disks under my computer. Option to scan with MAB is not showing up for me. :P

Hi Blaster,

Would you please try following the instructions swandog posted and let me know if it fixes your issue?

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility.

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from Malwarebytes v1.37 download

Note: If you're using a PAID version of Malwareybtes, you will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via e-mail.

Raid & Advancedsetup i have tried the Uninstall and used the clean (mbam-clean) utility. I still do not see the Context Menu option. I wonder if its just me and my Vista 64 bit or others are having problems too. All other features are working fine except the context menu SCAN option.

I have also updated my Vista 64 bit with SP2. Context Menu problem was there even before SP2.

Thanks for a great software, excellent forums and prompt support.

I don't know if the below will help or not but thought i would post:

I also checked under REGEDIT HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory

The Context Menu Handlers lists other programs and options but not MBAM. I believe this is where Vista creates context menu options.

Sorry for multiple posts i can't edit posts above.

When i run the task manager i see the following:

mbam.exe *32 >>> PID 4924

mbamgui.exe *32 >>> PID 3000

mbamservice.exe *32 >>> PID 3944

*32 means its running in 32 bit version isn't it?

When i run Internet Explorer it shows same explorer.exe *32 and if i run Internet Explorer 64 bit (Vista 64 has a Internet Explorer that says 64 bit) i see it under task manager as Explorer.exe without the *32. Which tells me all softwares showing *32 are running under 32 bit compatibility that includes Version 1.37 MBAM on my computer.

I might be totally wrong above :P

*32 means its running in 32 bit version isn't it?

When i run Internet Explorer it shows same explorer.exe *32 and if i run Internet Explorer 64 bit (Vista 64 has a Internet Explorer that says 64 bit) i see it under task manager as Explorer.exe without the *32. Which tells me all softwares showing *32 are running under 32 bit compatibility that includes Version 1.37 MBAM on my computer.

Yes. There is nothing wrong, we do this on purpose.

We haven't rebuilt the context menu in 64-bit mode yet; it will be added in a future release. To my knowledge there has never been a working context menu on 64-bit Windows, correct?

MBAM 1.37 is working flawlessly on my Vista x64.

Thanks to the MBAM staff who promptly and with no trouble gave me a refund for my first purchase before 64-bit support was added, and for the professional support when I opened a ticket asking about how to update my ID and Key.

I was already fond of the product when it saved my desktop from a malware that hijacked my desktop and eluded more popular anti-malware programs, but I am now all the more fond of the product because of the kind of people behind it.

Regards,

Kevin

By the way, I wonder if the recent release of SP2 for Vista will require any update for the software. I have my fingers crossed.

Just finished installing service pack 2. Everything seems to be in order; I have not come across any errors with MBAM.

Raid & Advancedsetup i have tried the Uninstall and used the clean (mbam-clean) utility. I still do not see the Context Menu option. I wonder if its just me and my Vista 64 bit or others are having problems too. All other features are working fine except the context menu SCAN option.

I have also updated my Vista 64 bit with SP2. Context Menu problem was there even before SP2.

Thanks for a great software, excellent forums and prompt support.

No, it's not just you. Now that I know what you were referring to (my mistake), I do not have the Context menu, either.

We haven't rebuilt the context menu in 64-bit mode yet; it will be added in a future release.

I believe that explains it.

I'm liking this new version. Quick scan which used to take about 15min with 1.36 now takes between 5 and 6 min. Very nice.

Swandog & Mhbmd:

Yes, there has not been a V64 bit version with Context menu.

Its ok MHBMD. I think most people here are excited about the realtime protection in 64 bit and a better Heuristics engine in Version 1.37 that no one cared to notice a Context Menu feature.

So *32 next to MBAM means that version 1.37 is being emulated to run in 64 bit environment using WOW64.

I wonder why it is so tricky to write a Shell extensions for a 64 bit Windows Explorer that are formed under REGEDIT HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory :P

I would really like MBAM on download.com beat some other popular Anti Malware softs in # of downloads and ranking. Keep up the good work guys. :D