neelakurdinger

Drweb and false positive

Anybody ever had trouble getting programs whitelisted by drweb? I have sent our application many times to them and still unable to get a response from them. Our program is detected only by drweb not a single other virus guard. 

HOW are you sending a report of a False Positive detection and on what application ?

I didn't want a Virus Total report, I wanted information on the actual application.

Try the following email address;  vms@drweb.com

Put the file(s) in question in a password protected ZIP file with the password being;  virus

For the subject of the email state "False Positive Detection by Dr.Web"

In the body repeat the subject and fully explain the situation including information on the software, the company, company website, Virus Total Report URL, etc.

They have replied to the email I've sent. It says "Your request has been analyzed. This is not a false alarm." I am wondering why only they would flag the application as malicious whilst all other AVs are not. However I was instructed to talk to them via a support ticket by Drweb moderators, that I will do, anyways thank you very much for your support. 

Sometimes vendors use an automated examination system when the human touch and examination is needed.

You have a greater capability with an email submission address than a web form.

Best 'O Luck with it.