Anti-Exploit short coming wrt updates

frozen

Today I got a pop up notice from Anti-Exploit Free edition saying that there was a new version available and whether I wanted it to automatically update itself. I said no and that window disappeared. I find no way in the app itself to force it to check for updates. Really need that ability to do an on demand check for updates to the app. Apparently it indeed updated since it is showing 1.05.1.1016 and that apparently is the current version available for download off the website here.

I have the same question about how to update the program, except I purchased the premium version about 1 month ago. Is there no way to update within the program?  Or, is there no update unless one pays again to get the upgrade, because that's all I can find on Malwarebytes.org website?

• Staff

The window itself is the one in the screenshot below. All MBAE versions (Free, Trial and Premium) include automatic and transparent upgrades to the latest version. The automatic upgrade is not a paid feature.

post-141843-0-25731100-1418687887_thumb.

The auto-upgrade mechanism is designed to be completely hands-off. There is no need to "initiate" or check for upgrades. MBAE will automatically check every few hours and after reboot.

Once you are presented with the upgrade prompt, there are two things you can do here:

1- Checkbox to "always upgrade automatically and transparently". If you leave this enabled you won't be prompted for future upgrades and MBAE will automatically upgrade without showing this upgrade prompt anymore.

2- Clicking "OK" will initiate the upgrade. The MBAE UI will disappear and in a few seconds the new MBAE version UI will appear. At that point the upgrade is completed. If you click "Cancel" MBAE will ignore the upgrade at this point in time and prompt you again in a few hours or after a reboot.

I hope this helps clarify the way the mechanism is designed. If you have any questions or suggestions to improve it please let us know.

PS: Moving this to the Questions sub-forum.

Yes, it does help answer my question. It's the first popup I've seen from MBAE, so I was not aware that would happen. I generally don't like to see those popups and prefer to update from within the programs or have them set to automatic. I'd closed the popup before noticing any checkboxes, so I will wait for the next one to appear and set it for automatic updating. Thanks!

Well I stil have a question. I seen that screen and unchecked the option and clicked on OK. I appears that it updated the app but never indicated that it indeed was updated. As I said in my initial post there is still no way in the app to do a manual check to see if in fact the app is up to date. At least in MBAM there is the update button.

• Staff

In regards to verification, once the upgrade is finished it will pop open the new version UI showing the new version number.

As for toggling this setting, it is coming for MBAE version 1.06. We'll probably also get rid of the checkbox in the upgrade prompt and just allow you to toggle it in the configuration option.