Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

warning files open

whonew

This may be the wrong place to ask but it is the only place I come to for advice . I got a warning today that said I had to many files open , that was on Oprah and I deleted it and put up the Firefox web it also said I had too many files open  , which is now asking for donations so was not sure if it was ok to use. How do you close a mess of open files or folder? I have been On IE sense and have not seen that yet

Thank you , your always a great group

"I got a warning today that said I had to many files open , that was on Oprah"

hmmm ... freudian slip ?

:lol::P

hard to say what you are actually seeing ... it may be an "internal" message from the browsers or possibly an infection (malware) .

can you post screen shots of what is displayed ?

I no longer see it after removing Opera  and Firefox , It was in systrey and I do have malwarebytes pro, that did not find any thing . Slip , oop , me bad. That symbol was a triangular warning sign  , like a duck crossing sign on the road or deer ahead kind of yellow sign. hrm? 

hmmm ... still nothing conclusive .

from time to time , FF will ping me about "cleaning up" my browser (removing old extensions , etc .)

however , i do not recall it happening on a continuous basis and not in the system tray .

where did you get your copy of FF from ?

i cannot say anything about opera as i do not use it .

i always download right from the source :

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

you might download a fresh copy from a known clean machine (onto a flash drive) and then transfer it to the desktop of your machine ... install from there .

if the warnings show again ... post a screen shot .

you may wind up going over to the malware removal section .

I try to get FF from Mozilla , maybe I did it wrong but some how I think it is related to Facebook . Why would facebook leave a ad on the log out web page? I get mostly auto insurance companys . and put this here From Superantispyware , why is this on roam ? not sure I understand it

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 12/15/2014 at 01:53 PM

Application Version : 6.0.1164
Database Version : 11661

Scan type       : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:13:12

Operating System Information
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Service Pack 1 (Build 6.01.7601)
UAC On - Limited User

Memory items scanned      : 515
Memory threats detected   : 0
Registry items scanned    : 61309
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned        : 9053
File threats detected     : 45

Adware.Tracking Cookie
    .atdmt.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .atdmt.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .doubleclick.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .imrworldwide.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .tribalfusion.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .ad.mlnadvertising.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .advertising.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .basebanner.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .advertising.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    bs.serving-sys.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .mediaplex.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .mediaplex.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .doubleclick.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .eyeviewads.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .pro-market.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .revsci.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .questionmarket.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .revsci.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    c1.adform.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    c1.adform.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .adform.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .ru4.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .adtechus.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .serving-sys.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .serving-sys.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .questionmarket.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .atwola.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .at.atwola.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .at.atwola.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .tacoda.at.atwola.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .tacoda.at.atwola.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

============
 End of Log
============