warning files open

whonew

This may be the wrong place to ask but it is the only place I come to for advice . I got a warning today that said I had to many files open , that was on Oprah and I deleted it and put up the Firefox web it also said I had too many files open  , which is now asking for donations so was not sure if it was ok to use. How do you close a mess of open files or folder? I have been On IE sense and have not seen that yet

Thank you , your always a great group

"I got a warning today that said I had to many files open , that was on Oprah"

hmmm ... freudian slip ?

:lol::P

hard to say what you are actually seeing ... it may be an "internal" message from the browsers or possibly an infection (malware) .

can you post screen shots of what is displayed ?

I no longer see it after removing Opera  and Firefox , It was in systrey and I do have malwarebytes pro, that did not find any thing . Slip , oop , me bad. That symbol was a triangular warning sign  , like a duck crossing sign on the road or deer ahead kind of yellow sign. hrm? 

hmmm ... still nothing conclusive .

from time to time , FF will ping me about "cleaning up" my browser (removing old extensions , etc .)

however , i do not recall it happening on a continuous basis and not in the system tray .

where did you get your copy of FF from ?

i cannot say anything about opera as i do not use it .

i always download right from the source :

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

you might download a fresh copy from a known clean machine (onto a flash drive) and then transfer it to the desktop of your machine ... install from there .

if the warnings show again ... post a screen shot .

you may wind up going over to the malware removal section .

I try to get FF from Mozilla , maybe I did it wrong but some how I think it is related to Facebook . Why would facebook leave a ad on the log out web page? I get mostly auto insurance companys . and put this here From Superantispyware , why is this on roam ? not sure I understand it

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 12/15/2014 at 01:53 PM

Application Version : 6.0.1164
Database Version : 11661

Scan type       : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:13:12

Operating System Information
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Service Pack 1 (Build 6.01.7601)
UAC On - Limited User

Memory items scanned      : 515
Memory threats detected   : 0
Registry items scanned    : 61309
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned        : 9053
File threats detected     : 45

Adware.Tracking Cookie
    .atdmt.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .atdmt.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .doubleclick.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .imrworldwide.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .tribalfusion.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .ad.mlnadvertising.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .advertising.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .basebanner.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .advertising.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    bs.serving-sys.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .mediaplex.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .mediaplex.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .doubleclick.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .eyeviewads.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .pro-market.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .revsci.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .questionmarket.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .revsci.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    c1.adform.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    c1.adform.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .adform.net [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .ru4.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .adtechus.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .serving-sys.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .serving-sys.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .questionmarket.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .atwola.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .at.atwola.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .at.atwola.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .tacoda.at.atwola.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]
    .tacoda.at.atwola.com [ C:\USERS\JUDITH\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\CCN05KN1.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

============
 End of Log
============