Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

Trojan.Siredef.C

After doing my weekly scan malwarebytes reported trojan.siredef.c in the recylebin (which is right now empty at least for the user’s eyes), I did several re-scans and reboots after quarantining, however every time malwarebytes finds the same folder in the same path (with a slightly different random number and letter name). Normally I would have long uploaded the files to virustotal to make sure I really am actually infected (considering that no matter how many times I quarantine it and it still comes back I do not think it's false positive) but in this case I do not see how to as they are in a hidden path and Windows will not let me access them. So I would like to know how I can upload those files to virustotal anyway to test them and possibly get further help with this.

A bit more info: (just in case it's important)

Also my computer has not been acting strange at all (except of course the obvious coming back) and I am also always very, very careful. I use avast (free) in combination with Comodo Firewall (free), Emet and Sandboxie (I only browse the Internet using a sandboxed Firefox with NoScript, Adblock Plus and WOT). I never download/open anything dogy and upload everything I download to virustotal. All software and Windows 8 are up to date. This is why I kind of doubt that I am actually infected (though considering that it keeps coming back, it seems like I'm actually infected.) Of course even with many precautions one can still become infected.

I did my last full malwarebytes and avast scans last week and nothing was found since then I have not installed anything new except of Windows, Firefox, Flash and Comodo Firewall updates. (though all of them through auto-update)

Hello IceRain and :welcome:

Since you believe your system is probably infected, and malware removal actions are not permitted in this sub-forum, I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also Copy and Paste (not attach) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic.

Thank you and good luck. :)