MBAE Free version not working with Chrome/ Firefox

OldCodger

Chrome won't start at all.

Firefox is slow and video streaming not working.

Installed the free trial version 1.05.1.1016 and all works fine.

when will the free version of the Anti Exploit be fixed?

Regards to one and all on the forum.

I should have specified that Chrome/Firefox issues pertain to the Anti Exploit free version 1.04

There is a Anti Exploit free version 1.05 available  on MBAM website, but when downloaded the exe install the Anti Exploit Premium Version 1.05

Thanks for your welcome :) 

I had problems with Anti Exlpoit 1.04 Free version.

Out of curiosity I tried with the Premium version 1.05 free trial and I had no conflicts with any browser.

​On MBAM website I downloaded the latest free basic version of MBAE 1.05

But the downloaded Setup exe file instal the MBAE Premium free trial. Which give me 14 days, then what? :unsure: 

Maybe this forum is not for free products... If so please excuse me.

• Staff

Yes this forum is for support of all Free, Trial and Premium.

The installer/setup for all three of them (Free, Trial and Premium) is the same. If you are installing for the first time during the install it will ask if you want a 14-day trial mode. If you click continue without unchecking it will enable the 14-day trial. After the trial you can choose to continue using Free or upgrade to paid Premium. If you choose to continue with Free then Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit will still continue providing real-time protection against web-based exploits in browsers, browser add-ons and Java.

PS: moving this thread to the Questions sub-forum.

Yes this forum is for support of all Free, Trial and Premium.

The installer/setup for all three of them (Free, Trial and Premium) is the same. If you are installing for the first time during the install it will ask if you want a 14-day trial mode. If you click continue without unchecking it will enable the 14-day trial. After the trial you can choose to continue using Free or upgrade to paid Premium. If you choose to continue with Free then Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit will still continue providing real-time protection against web-based exploits in browsers, browser add-ons and Java.

PS: moving this thread to the Questions sub-forum.

Running MBAE version 1.05.1.1016 for few days now and all works fine.

Thanks for the tips & support. :)