Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

what dows "Exclude Website" mean when a site is blocked?

I received mail. A popup popped up with an orange banner "Malicious Websire Blocked". At the botton is a button labeled "Exclude Website"

Is this an option to [a] exclude it from a list of blocked sites or does it mean to exclude this web site from those that are allowed to run?

If [a] why not say "Always block site" or if "Never Block this site" instead?

Hello and :welcome: :

"Exclude" means "exclude from protection/blocking".  So, if you "exclude" that potentially malicious IP, your computer will be able to connect to it.

I agree that this wording isn't very intuitive.
Although we don't see many (known) reports of users confusing this for the opposite meaning, you happen to be the 2nd person in 24 hours to do so: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/162094-possible-infection/#entry918213

I am just a home user and forum volunteer, but I would "second" your suggestion to change the wording to something less ambiguous.
For the best attention by the MBAM Product Team, you might want to post the suggestion in the Comments/Suggestions section >>HERE<<.

There will be a new program version (2.1) due out soonish, for beta testing.  I don't know that the suggestion will be adopted or if there is time to implement it for that upcoming build, but it's a GREAT idea. :)

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Thanks,

post-29793-0-01838700-1418335749_thumb.p

Go to the bottom of this page for instructions on removing a site from the exclusion list:

www.malwarebytes.org/support/guides/mbam/WebExclusions.html

This page is part of the HTML help for Malwarebytes.  The whole thing is available at:

www.malwarebytes.org/support/guides/mbam

• 5 months later...

It is very obvious that the option presented in the little pop up box is confusing!  No one would take the time to register for the forum and post on the forum about this if it weren't a problem.  Why is this not changed???  Make an option to allow the website or block the website, and stop asking us if we want to "exclude website"..   Please.