How do you move Malwarebytes to a new computer?

I'm getting a new computer tomorrow and have purchased the premium copy of Malwarebytes via download. 

I read in the PDF manual that I can deactivate the program on my old computer but there isn't anything in there about moving it to another computer. I have the key that I used to activate it on my old computer.

Do I just go to the website like I'm purchasing it again and put in the key if it asks me?

Please help!!

You can just uninstall the program from the old computer, keep in mind that the new version of premium is usable for upwards of 3 computers, well subscription is active.

Here is the link for instructions to cleanly remove the old install on the old computer.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/122284-mbam-clean-removal-process/#entry644441

Hi:

Actually, the process depends on whether you are running MBAM Premium 2.x or MBAM Pro 1.x on the "old" computer, AND on whether you have a 1-PC, lifetime consumer license or a 3-PC, subscription consumer license. ;)

Here are instructions for "transfer": How do I transfer my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware license to a different computer?

If you have a 3-PC, subscription license for MBAM 2.x Premium, then it can be activated on up to 3 PCs in the same household.

You would use the same license ID/key on all 3 systems.

If it's a 1-PC lifetime license, then you need to either "deactivate" the license on the old computer (dashboard > my account > deactivate -- this is for version 2.x only), OR you may reinstall MBAM as the Free version on the old computer. The important thing is to activate the 1-PC license on only 1 computer at a time.

Either way, instructions to activate the license are here: How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,

• 1 year later...