C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)

I'm not sure which forum this is best suited to, but could someone please help with this puzzle?

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit.  Malwarebytes Premium 2.0.4.1028:

What is the purpose of the folder C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)?

Why does it exist on some computers but not others?

Why does it contain different content on the computers that have it?

Why does Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit delete its content?

From system-log.txt created after running the latest Anti-Rootkit:

Removal queue found; removal started
Removing C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)\MBR-0-i.mbam...
Removing C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)\VBR-0-0-2048-i.mbam...
Removing C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)\MBR-0-r.mbam...
Removing C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)\MBR-1-i.mbam...
Removing C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)\MBR-1-r.mbam...
Removing C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)\MBR-2-i.mbam...
Removing C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)\MBR-2-r.mbam...
Removing C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)\MBR-7-i.mbam...
Removing C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable)\MBR-7-r.mbam...
Removal finished

Hello Pat_inUK and welcome:

Any directories with the apostrophe after the corporate name (e.g. Malwarebytes') are remnants of prior MBAM v1.xx installations. All such named directories may be ignored or deleted at your discretion without regard to a properly functioning MBAM2 Premium installation.

Further speculation on whether your prior MBAM1 installs had or had not been Windows uninstalled or deleted is not possible.

Thank you.

Thank you, that sort of explains it! I've used Malwarebytes Free since its inception - 2008? - so undoubtedly I'd had versions prior to 2x. However, with the advent of 2x I opted to upgrade to Premium. Before I did so, I not only uninstalled Malwarebytes using Control Panel, I subsequently ran mbam-clean before installing 2x. How would that leave behind remnants of Malwarebytes 1x ? What is more, after I'd deleted C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable), subsequent scans with Malwarebytes 2x reinstated it! Eventually I seem to have eliminated it permanently by restarting computers.

As to Anti-Rootkit deleting the contents of C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (portable), I presume the folder didn't contain a rootkit, so why would it do that? Just general cleanup of Malwarebytes products? Which seems hardly the function of a rootkit detector. But if so, why did it give no indication of it during the Anti-Rootkit scan? I am not for a moment suggesting that Malwarebytes' products would do anything nefarious, I wouldn't have trusted them for so long if I did, and certainly wouldn't have bought Malwarebytes Premium, but I don't like stuff happening on my computers that I don't know about and discover only by looking through obscure logs.

I did previously post what Anti-rootkit had deleted. I should be very grateful if you could explain it :)